Mid 140's with type r's??

oh and PS I had to destroy the box to get it back out it was otherwise impossible:

2011-04-14_13-25-45_964.jpg

2011-10-14_13-46-30_395.jpg

When I put my new wicked one in I got smart and cut it in half at the mouth....that only made it slightly easier

2011-10-15_21-25-24_893.jpg

some have said those arent too good for car audio...how did it perform for you?. Would be a ***** if you blew a sub....

some have said those arent too good for car audio...how did it perform for you?. Would be a ***** if you blew a sub....
LOL someone lied or didn't do something right. The wicked one is simply amazing! near flat response with some serious gain I love it Tight Accurate Fast, hands down the best enclosure I've ever had. Steve Deckert knows his stuff and he says himself that enclosure is his favorite of his designs.

Thing is it is a very efficient enclosure it might not do so well with subs that are power mammoths. I have had Type Rs in it and Dayton HOs currently each had a different sound. The Type Rs lacked in SQ a bit but were still nice and got extremely loud, I like the HOs better though as they just sound incredibly detailed, they haven't hit the lows as well yet, but I'm chalking that up to break in and a lack of proper power have yet to get my HO alt in with the power lead of the Big 3 also still stock, I haven't had them in very long.

its possible with type rs... theirs some huge thread online on a guy who started at 132 with a single 12" type r, and wound up going to roughly 138 just by doing little tuning and moving it around, and etc. just alot of tinkering... im shooting for 150 with my single 15... i hit 147... 3 dbs is possible with alot of tinkering.

its possible with type rs... theirs some huge thread online on a guy who started at 132 with a single 12" type r, and wound up going to roughly 138 just by doing little tuning and moving it around, and etc. just alot of tinkering... im shooting for 150 with my single 15... i hit 147... 3 dbs is possible with alot of tinkering.
Yep it is definately possible but the thing is it takes time, you likely will not hit it with your first try or your first box. Statistically you can build a box that should sound this way or that way, but the individual vehicle makes a big difference. The more you tinker, deaden, fasten, move around, play with gains/eqs/crossovers/enclosures the closer you can get. I think 140 in a Neon will take lots of time and tinkering.

this^^^ the builder of my box stated a 145 would be "lucky" in my car. however most people never see a celica with SPL.

so afterwards, first shot i hit my 147..now after i deaden, paint, seal up some panels, move around, adjust amps more, AC, seats forward and down, etc, im going to see a climb..

this^^^ the builder of my box stated a 145 would be "lucky" in my car. however most people never see a celica with SPL.so afterwards, first shot i hit my 147..now after i deaden, paint, seal up some panels, move around, adjust amps more, AC, seats forward and down, etc, im going to see a climb..
Your celuca is a hatch.....thats why its easy to get good numbers...but 600rms in a trunk off an arg will not produce 145....unless he is burping or has a majoc box nope.......

Any recommendations on the enclosure?. Ill be running the type r's when I find a mate.....600rms is about the most they will take daily isnt it?...

oh and PS I had to destroy the box to get it back out it was otherwise impossible:
2011-04-14_13-25-45_964.jpg

2011-10-14_13-46-30_395.jpg

When I put my new wicked one in I got smart and cut it in half at the mouth....that only made it slightly easier

2011-10-15_21-25-24_893.jpg
ouch...

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say this.

w/ your 36x24x18 box...the 18" tall measurement was your major downfall. Had the box (yes I realized that the Wicked-One has set specs) been ~15" tall, it would have been FAR easier to get in and out of the trunk.

I'm willing to bet that a ported box for 2-12's around 27x27x15 w/ 2 (or 3) 4" flares would be mean in this trunk. And be pretty easy to get in and out.

Sub up, ports back, mid-30's tuning. Low 140's on 1200wrms should be reasonable w/ R's.

Edit:

I would likely run a 2kwrms amp w/ 2 type-R 12's though. Headroom is your friend (if you know how to use the volume knob)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.