Looking to buy some speakers to complete my tribute.

Participant count
  • Participant list

kyle3194
10+ year member

Kansas
Hey yall, I have a 2001 Mazda Tribute, and im lookin to get some new speakers for it. The stocks are supprisingly not bad, but im just looking for a little more sound overall. I already have a sub, so my lows are taken care of, so id just like some better mids/highs. Btw, the stocks are 6x8's, and on the front i have seperate tweaters that are right by the window. I would like to either keep those tweaters, or get some new ones that can be put back in there. Im a highschool student, so im trying to keep things relatively cheap. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif btw, i will also need an amp to drive those (my hu puts out 20ish per channel.

Thanks!

-Kyle

Ya, I was hoping to keep it below 2-3 hundred. I also just got a pair

Of pioneer 6x9's from a friend for cheap, and was wanting to put them in the back with my sub. A lot of times, I will lift the tailgate up to listen to music with a group, but the sub drowns it out. Anyway I was wondering if I could run an amp to the rear channel rca's and still have my stock speakers going from the wiring harness. Thanks again

Kyle

powerbass 6x8 180 plus shipping new .as for an amp theres alot of options for you ,2 channel or 4 channel or even a 6 channel and run all the inside speakers and the 6x9s you have.you could put an inlines bass knob for the 6x9s if you want and turn it down when not in use

Hmm... well some bad news guys, it appears that there are some more important things that i need to replace on the car (window switch, door locks) and wont be buying door speakers for a while. However, im still thinking about the 6x9's in the rear. Does anyone know where i can get some boxes and a dual amp kit for fairly cheap? Like less than 40 bucks.

Thanks in advance,

Kyle

I would make or buy a adapter for up front and put 6.5 componets and get some better 6x9's than those pioneer for the rear or keep them if they handle enough power and put a 4 channel amp on them. What kind of subs are you trying to keep up with?

I would make or buy a adapter for up front and put 6.5 componets and get some better 6x9's than those pioneer for the rear or keep them if they handle enough power and put a 4 channel amp on them. What kind of subs are you trying to keep up with?
Well the thing is now I better wait for the door speakers with the other repairs that I have coming now, but I'd still like to work on that 6x9 idea I had. I'm wanting to put them in the cargo area where my sub is so there is more mids and highs when I open the back up. I got the amp and speakers for 50 bucks... so I'd like to see if I can work this out. So I guess what I'm wondering is if you think this is a good idea or not. Btw I have a single 10 inch JL 10w1v2 that has about 200 watts running to it through a JL amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.