Need help deciding 6x9 speakers for rear

chevelle

Hello, My first post ! Yay!

I have a camry, the stock speakers at rear have given up. I am looking to replace with a good pair of 6x9.

I have been quoted $100 installed for Rockford Fosgate Prime 1693. Same price for pioneer 6973R.

Is it a good price to pay and how are the speakers? I read online reviews saying Prime 1693 have more mids and highs than bass. Is it true? I also came across kicker. Forgot the model number but they are in same price range. Which one would members here suggest?

I want good amount of bass without going for sub and amp. These will be driven by head unit which is a jvc 6300. The front speakers are in good condition. Don't want to change now.

Any other speakers i should look at? My budget is around $100-$120 installed.

Thank you. Sorry if posted anything wrong.

Check out Powerbass 3XL series. One of the best bang for the buck speakers I know of right now.
good speakers just not alot of bass either.get 2 ways if you want some bass from them.got a new pair of bravox 2 ways 80 shipped from monterey

Thank you for your responses.

The problem is, not many stores carry 2-way speakers anymore. Most of them are 3 way. Adding a sub and amp is too costly, will have to do it in stages.

@mylows: Can you suggest some 2-way speakers?

Thank you

the scenario for audio installation is very ugly in sacramento.

most of the installers are trying to fleece customers. sky high prices now a days for just a pair of speakers. i have got quotes from $150-$200 for a pair of 6x9s. none of them seems to be appealing to my ears.

i don't have tools or expertise to do the install myself.

need some intervention //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

Thank you for your responses.
The problem is, not many stores carry 2-way speakers anymore. Most of them are 3 way. Adding a sub and amp is too costly, will have to do it in stages.

@mylows: Can you suggest some 2-way speakers?

Thank you
send me a text and i'll send you some pics of what i have in stock now 650-483-4312 no blocked #s please

Your not going to get crap for bass from a pair of 6x9's on headunit power , just give up on that thought cause it's not gonna happen.
While i understand your concern, i am not looking at mind blowing bass. I am just trying to match it to my current set up. I have no high expectation too, but i need atleast a little bit of bass and not flat response from speakers. i hope you get what i meant.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.