Installing two amps in a Honda accord 2014

ygbodybuilder10

Senior VIP Member
I'm installing two amps one for the speakers and one for the subs. My question is pertaining to the power wire for both which way can I connect them to the battery?

Both. Brands are skar
The first amp is
RP-75.4AB | 500 Watt 4-Channel Car Amplifier

and the second amp is
RP-1200.1D | 1,200 Watt Monoblock Car Amplifier

I'm installing two amps one for the speakers and one for the subs. My question is pertaining to the power wire for both which way can I connect them to the battery?

Both. Brands are skar
The first amp is
RP-75.4AB | 500 Watt 4-Channel Car Amplifier

and the second amp is
RP-1200.1D | 1,200 Watt Monoblock Car Amplifier
:oops::oops::oops: Do you have someone that can help you out to install them correctly??

My plan was to use a Distribution Block to minimize the wire use
A dual amp kit will come with a distribution block. The distribution block you would ideally put close to the amps. That way the smaller wire would have the shortest run. You'd want to use a larger wire coming from the battery. 1/0awg is good for up to 300 amps whereas 4 gauge is only good for 150. 4 gauge wouldn't be big enough for the RP 1200 and your four-channel because the 1200 can pull 120 amps and your 4 channel can pull another 60

Or you could run a 4 gauge amp kit specifically for the RP1200 and an 8 gauge amp kit, specifically for the four channel though, that's less than ideal and extra wires than needed

Assuming both amps are fused at the amp, you will want a fused distribution block that can run the two different size wires to those amps, that you mount somewhere in the convenient middle. Connect to the battery with a single larger wire that can handle at least 10-20% more of the max amp wattage of both, from the block to the battery, fused near the battery. The fuse near the battery is protecting the wire to the block, the block fuses are protecting from the block to the amp.

For ground, the same size wires you used for power with a NON-fused distribution block, then that same size largest wire to the shortest chassis ground.

Yes you could just run power to the battery directly for both, but why would you want to?

DS18, TSPEC, and Knuconceptz are the blocks I like.

Car Audio Accessories/Wires – DS18
Tspec | Products (tspeconline.com)
Distribution / Fuse Blocks (knukonceptz.com)

Naw buddy I have done this before it's just been a few years and I never did a two amp system and I never had my interior speakers connected to a amp
Gotcha. Its no different than doing one amplifier other than running wires from the amplifier to the speakers and tuning.Its not really Rocket Science. at least you have some experience.If you get in a bind, just ask.There are people on here that can help. Welcome to PM me if I can help

A dual amp kit will come with a distribution block. The distribution block you would ideally put close to the amps. That way the smaller wire would have the shortest run. You'd want to use a larger wire coming from the battery. 1/0awg is good for up to 300 amps whereas 4 gauge is only good for 150. 4 gauge wouldn't be big enough for the RP 1200 and your four-channel because the 1200 can pull 120 amps and your 4 channel can pull another 60

Or you could run a 4 gauge amp kit specifically for the RP1200 and an 8 gauge amp kit, specifically for the four channel though, that's less than ideal and extra wires than needed
It's going to look like this
IMG_20220812_175008_01.jpg

It's going to look like thisView attachment 41490
This looks correct you could use 4awg to the smaller amp if you have extra. Going bigger won't hurt.

Just don't fuse 8awg over 60amp for real full sized ofc. This is what skar calls for on the RP 75.4

Knu kollosus is some of the best wire for the money which is why I recommend them but other companies make quality kit as well like Rockford and kicker

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...