Relay and Reverse Input issues installing Boss BVCP9700A on 1993 Chevrolet Suburban C1500.

Participant count
  • Participant list

tripdls

CarAudio.com Newbie
I'm replacing the 15 year old aftermarket Panasonic Bluetooth/Back-up camera radio on my Suburban with the single DIN Boss BVCP9700A . Using existing wiring harness, running wires for new back-up camera and adding front camera(parking assist). Everything works until Reverse Input connected. Radio locks up on back-up camera and sets off relay under steering column. Have to factory reset radio and unplug relay(not sure what it goes to) in order to get radio to work again. Without Reverse input connected, back-up camera will not automatically come on when shifting into reverse. (Desired effect.)

I would prob go and take it to a shop to someone that knows how to install, pay the $50-75-100 bucks so its done correctly.If you continue to do it yourself.. Id follow the direction within the manual/manuals for both camera, and HU installation. Apparently its not wired correctly,and sounds like you need to check all wiring again

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...