Installing an LOC in 2016 Ram 1500.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Imperiumwolf

CarAudio.com Newbie
Kansas
I have a 2016 Ram 1500 Quad Cab with the base stereo system (no Alpine, no touchscreen). I've been wanting to add a subwoofer but want to keep the factory head unit. Initially I was going to just get the Audiocontrol LC2i, but in my research I came across the Pac LPHCH41. After looking into it, it seems like I can use this harness without having to tap onto any wires, and just select the needed adaper(s) that come with it to attach the Audiocontrol. I definitely want a sub but am considering adding another amp and replacing all the speakers in the future.

I've also seen that Net Audio makes a bunch of harnesses but I'm not sure exactly which one I'd need (I suppose I could always email them and tell them my situation).

Is this what I need (other than the amp install kit, speaker wires, etc)? I haven't installed any aftermarket stereo equipment since the early 2000's, so I'm very unfamiliar with installing in newer vehicles.

Is this what I need (
Wow, that is an awesome product. It splices into the radio's high output to connect an LOC/DSP/or high input capable amp. It also allows you to power the speakers with a new amp without having to run new wire. It also provides 12v constant and accessory for the LOC.
Yes, you just need this and the amp kit.

I have a 2016 Ram 1500 Quad Cab with the base stereo system (no Alpine, no touchscreen). I've been wanting to add a subwoofer but want to keep the factory head unit. Initially I was going to just get the Audiocontrol LC2i, but in my research I came across the Pac LPHCH41. After looking into it, it seems like I can use this harness without having to tap onto any wires, and just select the needed adaper(s) that come with it to attach the Audiocontrol. I definitely want a sub but am considering adding another amp and replacing all the speakers in the future.

I've also seen that Net Audio makes a bunch of harnesses but I'm not sure exactly which one I'd need (I suppose I could always email them and tell them my situation).

Is this what I need (other than the amp install kit, speaker wires, etc)? I haven't installed any aftermarket stereo equipment since the early 2000's, so I'm very unfamiliar with installing in newer vehicles.
I used a PAC harness years ago when I started my upgrade. It was super easy to install.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...