High output alternators

Denial-

CarAudio.com Recruit
Pa
I'm just curious what is everyone's preference of brand for high output alternators? I'm sure it's kinda like asking Chevy or Ford but im hoping there's an obvious one most people go with.
This is my second system but first time actually doing things right doing the big 3 and getting a high output alt with a yellow top.
Thanks for any input guys.

DC Power would be my number one choice. 9 years and still going strong on my Focus. I have an Autotech on my TC that so far has been good. Would be my budget choice.

For my next question... what's the big difference between 180 and 270 amp? Besides one being more amps obviously.. im assuming bigger is better correct? Is it possible to have to much and fry anything? Am I correct in thinking if I'm going to spend the money for a bigger alt I might as well just get the biggest one right?
Checked out DC power so far.. seem to be pretty damn nice..

I have a 320 amp in my saturn vue...nothing has fried yet...just check your voltage after you install it to make sure its within tolerance...

Last edited:
For mine the cat got a hold of the wiring harness. No clue where it went sent them an email asking to buy another one and they shipped one out free of charge.

Autotech just kept changing their tune on how I had to do this or I had to do that and every message was different. Look I get it the 4G Ford Alternator is a PITA to build but if you are going to be evasive and change your messages all the time when no other single company said those things that is a red flag to me.

For mine the cat got a hold of the wiring harness. No clue where it went sent them an email asking to buy another one and they shipped one out free of charge.

Autotech just kept changing their tune on how I had to do this or I had to do that and every message was different. Look I get it the 4G Ford Alternator is a PITA to build but if you are going to be evasive and change your messages all the time when no other single company said those things that is a red flag to me.
Cat as in feline or catalytic converter?

Cat as in animal. I had it sitting out on in the box with the box open as I grabbing some connectors from the other room as it was on the one counter where they normally don't go. Came back and poof gone. Still haven't found it after tearing apart the house several times.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...