Installing two amps in a Honda accord 2014

This looks correct you could use 4awg to the smaller amp if you have extra. Going bigger won't hurt.

Just don't fuse 8awg over 60amp for real full sized ofc. This is what skar calls for on the RP 75.4

Knu kollosus is some of the best wire for the money which is why I recommend them but other companies make quality kit as well like Rockford and kicker
So the 8 gauge wire going to the smaller amp shouldn't have a fuse less than 60?

So the 8 gauge wire going to the smaller amp shouldn't have a fuse less than 60?

The rp75.4 needs a 60amp fuse so the amp kit you use needs to be a high quality 8awg kit or an average 6awg kit or bigger. Cheap 8awg amp kits often use cca which cannot handle 60amps in the 8awg size this would mean you would need a larger sized wire.

Personally I would just run 1/0awg from the battery to the distribution block them 4awg to each amp. This would give you headroom on the wire

The rp75.4 needs a 60amp fuse so the amp kit you use needs to be a high quality 8awg kit or an average 6awg kit or bigger. Cheap 8awg amp kits often use cca which cannot handle 60amps in the 8awg size this would mean you would need a larger sized wire.

Personally I would just run 1/0awg from the battery to the distribution block them 4awg to each amp. This would give you headroom on the wire
So if I that route and use 4 gauge for each amp that means the distribution block will have two 100 amp fuses

Hey I just remember I did get a ofc 8 gauge ampnkit

SKAR8MANL-OFC | 8 Gauge - 800 Watt OFC Amplifier Wiring Kit
SKAR8MANL-OFC

One more thing, 1200 amp says 100 amp fuse but the 4 gauge amp kit I purchased comes with 80 amp fuse which amp fuse should I use
You must've bought a low quality 4awg amp kit. Or a cca one. Thus why I recommended knuconceptz. You8ght can get away with the 100amp fuse it just depends on how hard you run your system. It's not like it's gonna pull 100amps all the time.

The rp1200 can more than likely work fine with a 100amp fuse. 1200w÷14.4v=83.3amp.

1/0 can be fused as high as 300amp you only need 160amp so anything between 160-300 for the main run to the rear

You must've bought a low quality 4awg amp kit. Or a cca one. Thus why I recommended knuconceptz. You8ght can get away with the 100amp fuse it just depends on how hard you run your system. It's not like it's gonna pull 100amps all the time.

The rp1200 can more than likely work fine with a 100amp fuse. 1200w÷14.4v=83.3amp.

1/0 can be fused as high as 300amp you only need 160amp so anything between 160-300 for the main run to the rear
Yeah I already had purchased the kca 4g amp kit from koncept

Yeah I already had purchased the kca 4g amp kit from koncept

This is the max fuse sizes for the knu wire.

The kca 4awg kit can supply 100amp to the rp1200.1 but it won't have enough left over for the rp75.4 you'll need a separate kit for that
Screenshot_20220814-211941.png

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...