Installed my system, but the subs aren't working.

Syndromatic

Need some advice.

I put my subs in yesterday with the help of a few friends (ok, more like with the help of one friend and the company of two others), anddddd... they don't work. I mean, they should. Even if they're blown they should still produce some sort of sound. I've got power to the amp, so it should be working. An amp that's fried wouldn't put out 12 volts when you test it, right? All the cables are brand new, but the amp is a bit dated. I've got a 700 watt Bazooka mono amp and dual 10" Kicker CVRs in a factory sealed enclosure that I'm trying to hook up to my aftermarket Pioneer DEH-P640 head unit in my 2004 Acura RSX base model (it's an old head unit - I bought a new Pioneer DEH-1300MP, but I can't get the dang faceplate off my car so I can't pop the deck out and replace the old HU). My remote wire is all hooked up, spliced to the blue and white remote wire coming from my deck and all that jazz... the RCA cables are hooked up... it's grounded correctly (hence the fact I have power coming to the amp)... etc.

What's wrong here? All my speakers work, but the subs don't do anything. I feel like the amp is at least powering on because the ignition starts a little bit slower than normal (which is typical because more power is needed to turn on both the amp and the deck than just the deck alone). Did I maybe hook something up incorrectly? Or is it the amp? Kinda ruled out the subs being the issue, but idk for sure. Help!

If you need pics or any more explanations in order to help me out, just let me know.

Wait a sec, I think I figured out what I did wrong. By looking at the "Other Manual" (basically the installation manual) of your deck bergend2, I realized I put the RCA cables into the front output cables of the deck instead of the sub output jack in the back. So basically I'm screwed until I can find a 90 degree angle screwdriver to get the plastic around the deck out so I can get at the back of it.

Gonna go test this theory out. I'll be back in a bit to let you guys know if it worked.

subs could be blown out.

just cause theyre blown out doesn't necessarily mean theyll still make noise

iv seen plenty of blown out subs that make no noise whatsoever.

easy way to find out: switch your amp to hpf and turn the output level down almost all the way. then hook one of your speakers up to it, slowly turn the output level up and see if you hear anything

if you dont hear anything coming out:

check what all your wires are hooked up to.

make sure amp inputs and outputs arent mixed up

That should not make any difference
Seeing as the Subwoofer On/Off setting on my head unit only turns the subwoofer that's plugged into the back on or off, yes it should make a difference. The front input is apparently for an auxiliary RCA component such as a Pioneer multi-disc changer.

My only problem now is I can't get the head unit out because the screws are at the worst angle imaginable.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.