FEATURED Hooptie Scion TC build

Well.... Since the Zcons were so far out I upgraded to Evils. Hopefully these Evils won't take too long to get.

Now I need 40ah more of Yinlongs and another Ruthless 4500. :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 48891
Bro I'm stoked for mine as well. I think the one thing the Evil can do better than a 3" VC 10" spider, is be more accurate. The 4" will reduce the actual spider size, and the larger coil can deliver solid response with less heat.

Man this thing is sick! I need to look in the build logs more often. I bet it straight up hammers, and I saw you running those spl mids, how do they sound?

They are loud and clear. Good midbass for an 8" pro audio mid. Far from a SQ woofer though.

Bro I'm stoked for mine as well. I think the one thing the Evil can do better than a 3" VC 10" spider, is be more accurate. The 4" will reduce the actual spider size, and the larger coil can deliver solid response with less heat.

I've had a few 4" coiled monster subs in my last walled car. They have some cons but on 9k RMS it's probably a good thing I went 4" coil.

Still trying to figure out if I am going to wall this one or not.

Pros. More room in the rear to move amps and batteries to.
Cons. Can't see ****. Hard to calculate cubic feet on non square walls.

They are loud and clear. Good midbass for an 8" pro audio mid. Far from a SQ woofer though.

I've had a few 4" coiled monster subs in my last walled car. They have some cons but on 9k RMS it's probably a good thing I went 4" coil.

Still trying to figure out if I am going to wall this one or not.

Pros. More room in the rear to move amps and batteries to.
Cons. Can't see ****. Hard to calculate cubic feet on non square walls.
Yeah, they do like power, all good if you got it, but lack luster if you don't.

Mail time. Looks like Adire Audio is building these in CA.

subs 1.jpg

subs 5.jpg

subs 6.jpg

subs 7.jpg

Last edited:
It had been raining everyday here and I started smelling mold. Perfect excuse to rip everything out. The moving blankets I put under the box was wet in the rear so I gotta find how it's getting in. Reason number two I HATE sunroofs.

RIP 4.jpg

RIP 5.jpg

RIP 3.jpg

RIP 2.jpg

Been slacking on the rebuild... But I did order another 4500 today. Was going to order another 40ah of Yinlong but they have been out of stock lately.

CA 4500 2.jpg

Last edited:
Second 4500 came in today. Just waiting on some Yinlong cells to come back in stock. It's been so hot out I don't even want to start on the wall. Going to wait for it to cool off.
amps.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...