Help bass does not sound right.

Is there anything I can do to not have to buy another sub? Also I don't know what fourm I saw but I did read it somewhere that the rp2000.1 likes to overheat at 2ohm but is good at 1. I dont know why but that's what I read. No you can not belive everything you read. I understand that.

I don't personally condone mixed woofers, at all. You can do whatever you want, it's your vehicle. You just need to choose what you want to do now, with the information you know.

My concern with running only the 10s is the Amp overheat. I dont know if it's true or not. Or why it would happen. I was just trying to get the impedance down to 1 ohm.

I wouldn't do that, because the woofers have different electrical properties. The different sized subs will have different impedance rises, which means as they move, they won't see the same power, even though the have the same coils and motors. The 10's and 12 or whatever mix it is, they just will not play the same. No matter what you do, a difference is a difference, and that means cancellation.

My concern with running only the 10s is the Amp overheat. I dont know if it's true or not. Or why it would happen. I was just trying to get the impedance down to 1 ohm.

You need to do some more research, it'll help you. Amps overheat from too much stress. Low voltage, dirty RCA signals, and low impedance are what kill amps, usually.

I know this is a dumb question and I'm sure I'll hear about it but would it be OK for a short time to just unplug the 12 but leave it in place?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.