Help bass does not sound right.

Hlf5084

CarAudio.com Recruit
So I have everything skar audio. I have 2 ddx-2 dvc 1000w rms 10's and a ddx-2 dvc 1000w rms 12 in a t type box 5.5ft³ tuned to 32Hz i belive. A 2000w monoblock 1ohm stable skar rp2000.1. I have subs wired series parallel to bring my final impedance to 1.3 ohm. Set gain to 50v using a dmm. Also have 4 component 6.5 with crossovers running off a skar 75.4AB. My problem is the subs hit ok but not really hard and if they do it sounds like there is a popping sound. Please help

2 10s and 2 12s together..

really.jpg

2 10s and 1 12. All of the same brand and same max w 1500 and all same rms 1000w. All 3 are 2ohm. Sorry new to this page. Don't know if this will post twice.

You must have an Suv, Van or wagon because throwing all that into a trunk is a major fail. Like stated, mixing sizes is never a good idea.
That amp should do the job on a pair of Ddx-10s, even this smallish 4th in a Lexus banged.

If you got the space a larger ported may be the way to go. Iirc they like a bigger box too. Get a efficient one built or grab a design and diy one for your 2 ohm power or get an amp that is suited better for your 2 ohm final load.

That amp overheats at 2 ohm?

Interesting.

You could have a bad amp, poor electrical or possibly your wired .5 I'd think. Those RP2ks always seem to run hot but protecting at 2 ohm?

Got any pics?

I didn't have the Amp overheat on me. That is what alot of other forms say about the skar 2000.1D.

Attachments

• 20210501_121605.jpg
    20210501_121605.jpg
    653.5 KB · Views: 100
Dont mix different size subs......keep the 10's or the single 12 not both.....dumbass....and fuck skar im so sick of seeing newbies buy that junk, must be the first brand that shows up on an amazon search i dunno

Last edited:
I didn't have the Amp overheat on me. That is what alot of other forms say about the skar 2000.1D.
Nice enclosure (sarc)... Id just go with the 10's. And what forum is spreading around the idea a RP2k overheats at 2ohm?
Just get a proper box built, taking into account the power you'll be making at 2 ohm, ditch the cheapo cap and I bet it sounds way better.

Dont mix different size subs......keep the 10's or the single 12 not both.....dumbass....and fuck skar im so sick of seeing newbies buy that junk, must be the first brand that shows up on an amazon search i dunno

Nice reply! The kid is trying to learn and you feel the need to call him a dumbass. I hope that you feel better about yourself now. Wtf is your problem?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...