Help bass does not sound right.

All I want to know is facts not advice. I'm not trying to be a snowflakey ***** but who says you even have a system . You could be on here just to **** with people. How hard is it to have facts. You bash on me that I read it somewhere but I don't see any of your proof shredder. So excuse me for not knowing everything.

All I want to know is facts not advice. I'm not trying to be a snowflakey ***** but who says you even have a system . You could be on here just to **** with people. How hard is it to have facts. You bash on me that I read it somewhere but I don't see any of your proof shredder. So excuse me for not knowing everything.
Here's a fact, mixing subs usually don't end well. Cancellation is real in that scenario and it sux. Want more... Google it and maybe a Snopes fact checked dissertation will pop up. Or maybe someone else will cut and paste what you are after, I'm not your guy for that.
Ya... Im a noob a deck and speakers only in my ride... really.
If your after the science @Buck may chime in... I personally don't want to type THAT much in a reply.

Wow, did everyone around there forget to take their pills today?
I think everyone forgets we were all noobs at point and time
Hlf5084
First of all you did a good job and the system, it's nice and clean.
Unfortunately what they are saying about the subs is true.
If you were going to run 2 different sized subs then they need to be in separate boxes if you want it to work.
That being said all is not lost.
Your worried about not being able to run the amp at 2ohms
No amp is ever going to run hotter at 2 ohms than it does at 1 ohm so don't worry about that
If power output is your problem than look at it like this
Right now your running 2000 watts between 3 subs so that 's 650-675 each give or take
The amps output is something like this
1000 watts @ 4ohms
1500 watts @ 2 ohms
2000 watts @ 1 ohm
The don't list the numbers on the website so I'm averaging it out, the real numbers for 2 and 4 ohms are probably higher than that
So even if you do go with just the 10's the your still going to run like 750+ in to each one.
You can always rebuild the box, stack them and build 2 separate boxes out of one as long as they don't share the same air space
Try facing the subs backwards too, it doesn't look as pretty but it sound good
Are you sure that box is tuned to 32 hz
That port looks really thin but it could just be the angle of the picture

Thank you so much kickstand. No I'm not 100% on the tune of the box. I used subbox pro. As far as the Amp output I attached pics from skar website. As far as the subs they are ddx 2 ohm dvc 1500w max and 1000w rms. Both the 12 and the 10s.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210501-220133_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210501-220133_Chrome.jpg
    269.1 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot_20210501-220119_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210501-220119_Chrome.jpg
    275.1 KB · Views: 36
There is only one 12 but ok. I just thought because of the rms and exact type being the same I didn't think one would move slower if they were all getting the same power.

So your saying to build 3 different boxes or can the 10s be in one and the 12 in a stand alone?
You can put the the 10's in one and the 12 in the other
You can even make them all in the same structure just make sure they are sealed off from each other
However I really suggest you try it with just the 2 10's

There is only one 12 but ok. I just thought because of the rms and exact type being the same I didn't think one would move slower if they were all getting the same power.

I misread then. But no, more mass means more mass, regardless. It's not the exact same. The 12's are heavier, they move slower. If you take a 300hp engine and put it in a 3000 pound car vs 4000 pound car, you're telling me they'll both accelerate at the same speed.

Is there anything I can do to not have to buy another sub? Also I don't know what fourm I saw but I did read it somewhere that the rp2000.1 likes to overheat at 2ohm but is good at 1. I dont know why but that's what I read. No you can not belive everything you read. I understand that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.