Ford 1999 Single Cab F150 Build(Lots Of Images)

DSCN1918.jpg

With everything in the cab in the place where they will more than likely sit.

DSCN1920.jpg

Another view.

Well did most if not all of the wiring for the amplifiers inside the cab tonight and decided to do a test run to see if they would work correctly.

Didn't go as hot as I was hoping, all amplifiers were recieving the right power and whatnot but one of the most haunting problems has come back, the remote wire.

Going to try to sort it out tomorrow, hopefully it will be a small fix and I won't need to remove the head unit and check the connections behind there. Prior to this installation, the remote wire was working flawlessly. But I may have accidentally pulled it and disconnected the connection.

I will be investigating that tomorrow as well as better positioning and securing of the amplifiers. I'm hoping to also install the subwoofer speaker wire, begin taking off the door panels and preparing to deaden/install the component set.

Hopefully...

DSCN1921.jpg

DSCN1922.jpg

Looking good, there sure is a ton of room behind that seat for that monster of a box. Should be no lack of bass in your truck now. Hopefully the remote wire deal is just the connection pulling out. Wiring looks to be pretty good, nice and clean all around.

Looking good, there sure is a ton of room behind that seat for that monster of a box. Should be no lack of bass in your truck now. Hopefully the remote wire deal is just the connection pulling out. Wiring looks to be pretty good, nice and clean all around.
The no signal from the remote wire has gone to a constant 12v signal with just the battery negative hooked up and without the key in the ignition which is strange, I went and made sure that there were no wires touching from the power to the remote terminals on both amplifiers...

Any ideas?

The Hifonics amplifier is a PITA to connect seeing that every time I can tighten the bolts down as far as they go and the slightest maneuvers like pushing the amplifer back a bit or moving it forward can and will cause the power and ground wires(due to their low flexibility) to fall out of their slots. The Sundown's screw down terminals are enduring with no problem atm.

Well did most if not all of the wiring for the amplifiers inside the cab tonight and decided to do a test run to see if they would work correctly.
Didn't go as hot as I was hoping, all amplifiers were recieving the right power and whatnot but one of the most haunting problems has come back, the remote wire.

Going to try to sort it out tomorrow, hopefully it will be a small fix and I won't need to remove the head unit and check the connections behind there. Prior to this installation, the remote wire was working flawlessly. But I may have accidentally pulled it and disconnected the connection.

I will be investigating that tomorrow as well as better positioning and securing of the amplifiers. I'm hoping to also install the subwoofer speaker wire, begin taking off the door panels and preparing to deaden/install the component set.

Hopefully...

DSCN1921.jpg

DSCN1922.jpg
i like it but i hope you do not have to take the seat out to get to the fuse block incase a fuse blows i imagine you can prolly get to them though without

Fixed the remote wire by wiring it into the ignition.

Then I began to work on removing the old component system's components and deadening the doors, unfortunately due to time restraints I only got this much done.

DSCN1926.jpg

DSCN1927.jpg

Installed the tweeters.

DSCN1928.jpg

Got atleast 85% of the internal wall of the door deadened, triple layered behind the speaker.

That is but only one door though, tomorrow is going to be a tough work day though. Hopefully cutting new baffles, installing the wiring, install baffles and midbass, crossovers, finish deadening and installing the subwoofer for good.

These crossovers though are huge and won't fit in the door panels so Im hoping I can fit them under the seat in the middle with the distribution blocks.

Yeah its sorta my thing, my last setup was the same way but it looked strictly business with the wires coming out directly next to the distribution block. I decided to go a little crazy with this one but I don't regret it.

Hey bro, Im loving the install. I used to have a 04 Heritage F150, I miss her bad. But Id love to hear it if its cool with you, as I am driving through MS.

BTW, if you ever need a hand, give me a shout

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.