2012 Ford Fusion install

Participant count
  • Participant list

NIN900rr

CarAudio.com Newbie
Boston
Hey Guy and Gals,

My son just purchased a 2012 Ford fusion for his first car. He wanted to upgrade the radio and doesn't have a ton of money. As most of us don't these days. I searched the internet and decided to purchase an Android car stereo off of Amazon. The instructions are horrible and I have done a few stereo swaps in my time and never had any issues always using the factory harness, but this Android stereo has got my head spinning. I installed it and get no audio at all. I don't know a ton about these things but it seems to be the on going complaint. I am not an electronics master by any means. Can anyone help us. The car has the Sony speaker package. Thanks for the Help. Please keep your explanations on the basic level if you don't mind. I have attached images of the harness of the Android and the factory harnesses.
IMG_0286.png
IMG_0294.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0292.jpeg
    IMG_0292.jpeg
    424.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0291.jpeg
    IMG_0291.jpeg
    481.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0290.jpeg
    IMG_0290.jpeg
    458.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0289.jpeg
    IMG_0289.jpeg
    419.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0288.jpeg
    IMG_0288.jpeg
    408 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0293.jpeg
    IMG_0293.jpeg
    430.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0296.jpeg
    IMG_0296.jpeg
    734.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0297.jpeg
    IMG_0297.jpeg
    676.1 KB · Views: 17
am not sure I understand specific to your car
Did the gray harness on the radio couple right into the car's harness without issues?
I don't know if it has an OEM AMP, how do I tell
On the door's grilles is there a brand logo like Sony or Bose. From what I read, the amp is located behind the carpet between the tail light and wheel well. Passenger side.

Last edited:
Did the gray harness on the radio couple right into the car's harness without issues?

On the door's grilles is there a brand logo like Sony or Bose. From what I read, the amp is located behind the carpet between the tail light and wheel well. Passenger side.
yes the radio coupled with the car harness no problem and yes the speakers say Sony on them.

yes the radio coupled with the car harness no problem and yes the speakers say Sony on them.
Then I believe you have an OEM amplifier. The way your harness is connected now is meant for cars with no OEM amplifier. You will need to splice this harness to your radio harness-
Screenshot_20230816-012254.png

Google it and plug in your vehicle information for fitment verification.

I search for this harness and I can’t find this specific one. Is there a link you can send me? Are there instructions on how to install it cause it looks more complicated.

I search for this harness and I can’t find this specific one. Is there a link you can send me? Are there instructions on how to install it cause it looks more complicated.
It is in eBay. It is a bit more complicated. You clip off the gray blocks on your radio's harness and splice in the new harness by color matching. Leave a few inches of wire on the gray blocks incase you need to re-use them.
Before purchasing ascertain the vehicle compatability.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...