Ford 1999 Single Cab F150 Build(Lots Of Images)

DSCN1895.jpg

Thats with the vehicle initially cranked.

And a different DMM, that voltage dropped down to 15v.

With the vehicle not running, it read 12.5v.
well that looks a little more normal:laugh:

interested to see the final result, I will be starting my 2000 regular cab f150 shortly, do you think one roll of deadener is going to be enough or do you think you are going to need both rolls? I dont want to be stuck with 50 feet of unused deadener and im trying to get by without taking out a bank loan.

EDIT: Take some armor all to your engine compartment that thing is dirty.

interested to see the final result, I will be starting my 2000 regular cab f150 shortly, do you think one roll of deadener is going to be enough or do you think you are going to need both rolls? I dont want to be stuck with 50 feet of unused deadener and im trying to get by without taking out a bank loan.

you can never have to much deadener FYI:

LOL Ive had the vehicle for almost ten years and never cleaned the engine compartment....

As for the deadening, the comment above should help you there.

Ever have those moments?

You know, where you just got done fitting the wire in some kind of socket or terminal as tight as you could and you're like "yay!", and then you make the slightest jerk and it just kinda slides out?

Yeah....Grrr...Hate those.

Everything is really secured now, or should be.

Trying to wrap up the Big 3 and engine compartment wiring.

Ever have those moments?
You know, where you just got done fitting the wire in some kind of socket or terminal as tight as you could and you're like "yay!", and then you make the slightest jerk and it just kinda slides out?

Yeah....Grrr...Hate those.

Everything is really secured now, or should be.

Trying to wrap up the Big 3 and engine compartment wiring.

let me know how your big 3 ends up with pics of where you mounted everything if it isnt to much of a PITA need to do mine also and like you I was like wtf 40bizillion wires.

Well, pretty much done with the engine compartment, Big 3 is done(took a while), finished and uberly secured all the wiring headed to the cab, I also sorted out the wiring underneath the truck for the underneath neon lights. Battery terminals installed....etc etc.

Here are some pics, hopefully I can begin work on the actual system now.

DSCN1902.jpg

Heres an overall view. You can see, I made a new grounding spot and sanded off the paint beneath it. On that grounding spot is the end of the battery negative to chassis and the start of the chassis to engine block.

You can also see the fuseholder going from the battery positive to alternator positive. Looks sorta iffy just hanging there, Im thinking of cutting off the mounting platform on it to make it look like its intentionally suppose to be hanging.

I used the small little looks to mount the power cable going to the inside of the cab of the vechicle so it wouldn't drape over the engine. I will also be zip-tying the small underneath trigger wire that is draping over the fuel injectors do that power cable.

Everything is tech-flexed and electrical taped.

DSCN1903.jpg

Another perspective.

DSCN1904.jpg

Yes that the chassis spot that I made and yes that isn't an ordinary washer, thats actually the end of a ring terminal which I tore off. To act as a washer(might be just temporaily).

DSCN1905.jpg

You can see in this pic that we grounded the cable on the engine block location where the alternator is bolted in.

I cranked the vehicle and it started just fine and the voltage readings on each location was also fine. Between 14.5-15v's at each location, 12.5v with the vehicle not cranked.

DSCN1906.jpg

Yes got the ground cable sorted out and a new ground spot sanded down and ready. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I decided to tech-flex the ground cable to differentiate between the power and ground since both wires have red insulation.

DSCN1907.jpg

Decided to take a small bit of wire and wire it from the battery to the relay switch to improve the power flow from the alternator positive to battery positive wire which is also hooked up to the relay switch.

DSCN1908.jpg

Getting ready to deaden the floor of the truck, this will be my first deadening job. Im going to deaden the main area, the middle area, and the floor boards but Im not going to mess with the door seals.

DSCN1909.jpg

You can also see where the panels have been cut with the dremel, not the smoothest cuts but good enough atm. I might take the dremel to them again to smooth them down and cut the spots where they arent very even.

DSCN1910.jpg

Cut the cloth aswell, ofcourse, not the prettiest cuts Ive done in my life. I can probably tidy it up a bit, but Im not worried about the presentation of the back will since it should be hidden for the majority.

DSCN1913.jpg

Woo, My first time deadening anything or even touching deadening material, I think is went pretty swell though considering it was my first time and I was doing this alone.

Only trouble I really had were the corners and ofcourse the multitude of wrinkles.

DSCN1912.jpg

DSCN1911.jpg

Now time for the ensolite, now Im a bit scared because Im hoping I have enough ensolite to finish the door panels completely after using as much as I did on the floor. I decided to just single layer the floor since it doesn't rattle that much if at all.

DSCN1915.jpg

DSCN1915-1.jpg

Going to try putting the floor back in now and begin installing the amplifier, distribution blocks and etc.

Ensolite went fairly smooth, few wrinkles here and there. Probably not the most presentable and professional job but it should work.

still all dead for me. All the older pics from page 1 forward work until these.
proof

see%20%28Medium%29.JPG
I'm guessing it must be your ISP, I went on another computer and it also loaded the images on this thread fine.

PS Update your AVG.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.