Ford 1999 Single Cab F150 Build(Lots Of Images)

im not sure how you define way north but i have most deff. seen this truck before....
sorry to here about the problems your having that sub should be movin with that amp maybe not a whole whole lot but should be kicking out some pretty good bass. taking it to some pros wouldnt be a bad idea it might be something so simple you didnt think of but at least it will be a learning experience.. good luck!
Im near Tupelo.

You're subwoofer LPF is set a little too low, set it from 60-80 htz. SSF should be near or at tuning frequency.

Turn up the HPF on the mids, set it around 60hz and go up from there. They can't bottom out on low notes if they aren't there.

Does your HU have a subwoofer output level? It has to be up at max to set the gains right.

You're subwoofer LPF is set a little too low, set it from 60-80 htz. SSF should be near or at tuning frequency.
Turn up the HPF on the mids, set it around 60hz and go up from there. They can't bottom out on low notes if they aren't there.

Does your HU have a subwoofer output level? It has to be up at max to set the gains right.
Any tips on tuning the the component set some more?

Theres three switches on the amplifier, LPF, Full, and HPF, I managed to stop the popping by switching to the HPF. But theres no real midbass now, and the subwoofer is not playing any notes higher than the 40-45hz. '

I'll go outside and play with it a in a minute though. I thought most people dont even have to mess with any kind of bass or subwoofer outputting options to get large amount of bass from their system.

Any tips on tuning the the component set some more?
Theres three switches on the amplifier, LPF, Full, and HPF, I managed to stop the popping by switching to the HPF. But theres no real midbass now, and the subwoofer is not playing any notes higher than the 40-45hz. '

I'll go outside and play with it a in a minute though. I thought most people dont even have to mess with any kind of bass or subwoofer outputting options to get large amount of bass from their system.
Played around with it and got no real positive response from anything you told me. Noticed the subwoofer kinda bottoms out below 34hz, the tweeters distort heavily on bass hits, the mids pop unless the amplifier is set to HPF.

Pretty awful to be honest, Im very disappointed. Im going to go to a professional audio shop tomorrow and see what they're opinion on the situation is.

sounds like thats what you need to do before anything bad happens to that nice stuff you have sound like a tuning issue not technical but i could be wrong wish you luck get this thing slamin .....!!

ps; be aware of what " professionals" you take it to and make sure they know you know your stuff and not some random guy that doesnt like how his setup sound cause some will fabricate problems that you dont have just to make money. i can garuntee to first thing they will tell you is you should have let them install it because they are professionals.... just a warning tho not everyone is like this just be carefull!!!

sounds like thats what you need to do before anything bad happens to that nice stuff you have sound like a tuning issue not technical but i could be wrong wish you luck get this thing slamin .....!! ps; be aware of what " professionals" you take it to and make sure they know you know your stuff and not some random guy that doesnt like how his setup sound cause some will fabricate problems that you dont have just to make money. i can garuntee to first thing they will tell you is you should have let them install it because they are professionals.... just a warning tho not everyone is like this just be carefull!!!
*****, because thats very true and I wish that some of the people on this forums were locally about since they would probably be alot more helpful.

just go in there with knowledge as you must from doing research on the forums and the internet just make sure they know you do know what your doing and they should be str8 up with you.. good luck

Well, I went into the audio shop today and got my professional opinion, he didn't actually come outside and look at the system or play with the settings but more-so just talked around the information I was giving him.

He basically said for me to flatline or reset the HU and turn all the settings down on the amplifiers, then turn the subwoofer output up on the amplifier and set the gains from there and then set everything else on the amplifiers from there and then the HU EQ settings.

He also told me that I knew too much "intellectual bookie horse ****" about car audio.

Followed what he told me and Im getting a better performance, I may have to move the midbass to about 100hz on the crossover because its having trouble hitting notes in the 80-85hz range. The subwoofer is hitting fairly hard with the bass boost on the remote and amp turned all the way down, the gains turned mostly up and the HU subwoofer setting on +5(out of +15).

I set the HPF a little higher which allowed me to set the sensitivity on the sundown amplifier also higher, unfortunately this makes the system mids and highs extremely loud it also causes the rainbow crossovers to attentuate the tweeters. I can probably grab some silver wire jumpers and modify the crossovers to get rid of the tweeter volume precaution mechanism. I was also reading the rainbow audio manual for the first time since the component set installation(I just read it to learn how to install the tweeters in their flush mount cups), and I learned that the crossover can be manipulated for alot of different sound and power management with the aid of taking silver wire jumpers and arranging them on the crossover circuit board, that'll be interesting.

With the HU subwoofer setting higher and the gains set quite high, the bass is much more clean and responsive plus I set the LPF so it plays over a wide spectrum of frequencies ranging from 25hz to 70-80ish. Now to readjust the midbass and stop the tweeters from attenuating(though I do not want to kill the tweeters).

thought thats what you have been doing hence thats almost the corect way to set amplifier gains just make sure more gains but not to much and less to no boost set your gains with the sub control almost if not all the way up on cd player with eq flat then you will get the loudest bass at almost to full volume not loud bass mid volume then distorting bass all the way up then adjust the eq to best curve you should be set for some major bass

Yep still tweaking, I'm thinking about setting the subwoofer output to +15 on the HU and then setting the gains a bit lower to even it all out. The mids and highs are coming along, I moved the Front speakers EQ to the octave of 90hz with a -18db slope per octave on the HU. I played some test tones with the two channel amplifier only activated and found that the 70-79hz range was causing the midbass to bottom out, the 80-89hz wasn't really really bad, the 90-99hz was playing smoothly.

One of the worst sounding songs on my system(which is saying alot now, since its starting to come together) is Fake It by seether. Where the beginning intro with static is amplified by the tweeters making it sound awful where as on computer speakers, that static and distortion is muffled.

Oh yeah, one of the bars on the grille came off when two of the screws broke holding it in, Im guessing from an incident where the seat was moved back and must have broke it. I will fix that, more ensolite is coming in tomorrow, which I may put behind the 6.5"'s in the door. And maybe do a bit more deadening work, Im planning on cleaning the inside of the truck a bit and also places on the door where there is tar from the deadening material.

Hmmm.. I did an install in an older f150 single cab but it had about the same room in the back and there is no way that would fit. Hopefully it'll work out....gunna be tough tho
Ahem

I want ot know how in the hell your'e doing 3.35 in that truck, unless you're a midget. I had a 99 f-150 single cab, had many of different setups, best is the one that the box is still sitting in the garage. Built for one 12" woofer at 40hz, took up all the room I had near about, and it was 2.25, IIRC
I lost a few clicks on the seat with that, it was almost uncomfortable to sit in and I'm only 5'10
Yeah, the seat had to go up just a bit because of the top depth but its not bad at all. Actually If I cut into the back of the seat there is the possibility of getting even more room. Specifically the area which meets the upper ridge of the box.

its not possible to put 2 12's in a sigle cab ranger been there tried that unless there shallow mounts you and your passenger with be kneeing the dash ....

Yep still tweaking, I'm thinking about setting the subwoofer output to +15 on the HU and then setting the gains a bit lower to even it all out. The mids and highs are coming along, I moved the Front speakers EQ to the octave of 90hz with a -18db slope per octave on the HU. I played some test tones with the two channel amplifier only activated and found that the 70-79hz range was causing the midbass to bottom out, the 80-89hz wasn't really really bad, the 90-99hz was playing smoothly.
One of the worst sounding songs on my system(which is saying alot now, since its starting to come together) is Fake It by seether. Where the beginning intro with static is amplified by the tweeters making it sound awful where as on computer speakers, that static and distortion is muffled.

Oh yeah, one of the bars on the grille came off when two of the screws broke holding it in, Im guessing from an incident where the seat was moved back and must have broke it. I will fix that, more ensolite is coming in tomorrow, which I may put behind the 6.5"'s in the door. And maybe do a bit more deadening work, Im planning on cleaning the inside of the truck a bit and also places on the door where there is tar from the deadening material.
I use to have the same HU as you. Turn the sub level all the way up (+15). That will help your amp receive a better signal from your HU. But remember, sub level and bass level are two different things.....leave the bass at 0. But put the sub level all the way up. Should help.

I use to have the same HU as you. Turn the sub level all the way up (+15). That will help your amp receive a better signal from your HU. But remember, sub level and bass level are two different things.....leave the bass at 0. But put the sub level all the way up. Should help.
I have the SW all the way to (+15).

I didn't know there was a bass level adjuster for the head unit.

Ive played around with probably every setting there is to find on the that HU, including the DTA, X'Over, Wow HD, etc, etc. I was wondering where the simplified mids, bass, treble, and other options have went off too.

Currently I'm at +15 on the HU, gains at 3/4, the HU cross over set on the front speakers going 90hz area, -18db/octave on the curve. The SW set to around 70hz, -12db/octave on the curve. The LPF is set to around 80-90ish, and subsonic is at 25hz, on the amplifier.

Remote bass boost on 0, amplifier bass boost on 0 db.

Bass is extremely responsive, sounds great, real sharp, hits everything in its range while still sounding great; and it slams on hard hitting songs. So the bass boost is not really needed.

Now the mids and highs are all the hype, with the HPF set at about 80hz, sensitivity knob turned at about 1/6 of the way up. The rainbow SLC's sound amazing, loud, and crisp. They also complement the bass very well and since I listen to almost everything, they're ability to make every type of song no matter what genre or date sound great is always a plus for me.

Only issue left is a small rattling noise(hardly audible) which happens in the direction of the right door only when the vehicle is cranked up. The crossovers need to be set, I dont know if Im going to venture too far off from the current default, but the tweeter attenuation is almost unneeded and is something I am to get rid of.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.