Ford 1999 Single Cab F150 Build(Lots Of Images)

DSCN1881.jpg

DSCN1882.jpg

Yay! My rainbows! They will be replacing the Phoenix Gold RSd 6.5"'s. This time I will actually be deadening the doors and cutting new and more secure baffles for the speakers than the one that the PG's had.

I know I complained a bit about the PG rsd's but they weren't bad speakers at all, they sounded really good, especially given the conditions they were installed under.

And when I was thinking of upgrading and changing parts of my system, they were actually the one part besides the head unit which I had plans on actually keeping.

They and the Profile Ap1000 are being replaced with this 2008 Rainbow SLC 6.5" component set and Sundown SAX 100.2 two channel amplifier. I hoping with the new baffles, and deadening material, that it sounds really nice.

DSCN1883.jpg

The midbass, whooo..

DSCN1884.jpg

The Cal25 tweeters, these things are tiny!

I am working a very slow pace, hitting certain areas at a time, and right now I am working on the engine compartment wiring and eventhough I finished the fuseholder wiring wednesday night, I just wasn't happy with the presentation of the exposed wire on each end of the fuseholder and also the messiness of the split loom so this morning I managed to re-install the fuseholder(pain in the ass) and eliminate most if not all of the exposed wire. I also got rid of the split loom and I will either leave the wire like it is and tuck it a little bit or I tech-flex it.

I also better secured the fuse on the fuseholder.

DSCN1886.jpg

I decided to see how the connection was so I took the DMM out and reconnected the negative terminal to the battery and measured the voltage. Without the engine cranked I was reading 14.5v(rounded to the tenth) at both the battery, relay switch, and the end of the fuseholder, I then cranked the engine and it increased to 17v.

DSCN1887.jpg

Yay my deadening came in!

Looking good, your system sure has come a long way in the year since you joined up and built your first one. I am looking forward to seeing the rest of the system install pics, so far its looking pretty good. Also very curious to where you are gonna fit that monster of a sub, I'm guessing inverted in between some bucket seats or something.

Looking good, your system sure has come a long way in the year since you joined up and built your first one. I am looking forward to seeing the rest of the system install pics, so far its looking pretty good. Also very curious to where you are gonna fit that monster of a sub, I'm guessing inverted in between some bucket seats or something.
Its going right behind the passenger's side seat actually.

Its going right behind the passenger's side seat actually.
Dang, you most certainly are not gonna be lacking in the bass department that is for sure. You should charge passengers for the back massage you will be giving them.

DSCN1885.jpg

The changes I made to the fuse holder to get rid of excess wire. Looks a lot cleaner.

DSCN1888.jpg

This is how I am going to try and mount the power cable in the truck to keep it from draping over the engine or swinging. Just a temp. setup, I'll tech-flex the wire, uniform the screws, make it look a bit better.

Now Im starting to question how I am going to finish up the Big 3, battery negative to chassis, and chassis to engine block. The original plan was like this.

Take a strand of 0/1 awg wire from the battery negative to here:

DSCN1891.jpg

Which looks like a ground point on the frame behind that multitude of smaller(underneath neon light wires) wires.

DSCN1890.jpg

And wiring it to one of those places on the engine block, either on that screw at the top or the the place sticking out in the middle to the left of the striped alternator positive - battery positive wire.

Or replacing the wire in this picture that you can see coming from the chassis to the engine block.

DSCN1889.jpg

Whoa, I just read thru the whole thread. Looking VERY sweet man. I love that body style on the F150's. Too bad it wasn't an extended cab, but it looks like you don't need it!

DSCN1895.jpg

Thats with the vehicle initially cranked.

And a different DMM, that voltage dropped down to 15v.

With the vehicle not running, it read 12.5v.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.