First build ever; looking for better amp

Participant count
  • Participant list
Really? I was wondering the same thing. How are you sure though?
Max power is bullsh*t marketing they use to trick noobs. They put it on a test bench and crank it up till it dies and the number it sees before it dies, they advertise that as max power. Rms power is continuous daily output power aka the real rating. Be advised junk companies will blow up these numbers to stupid proportions too.

You are making noob mistake number 1 buying an amp not meant for subs, then you crank it/over gaining because its not loud enough and causing distortion/clipping which will cause your sub or amp to eventually fail.

I suggest you read around more about power, clipping, Distortion. Also set gains with a digital multi meter *google that up* or better yet, youtube it up. Learn from noob friendly guys like EXOcontralto in video form to get a better understanding.

Alright, really noob question here so don't hate on me. My HU preout is 2.5v, so I set my gains to 2.5? If I do that it literally has little to no bass.
There are many ways to set gains. I set them by ear, some set gains with a dmm, and some use an o-scope. the 2.5 on your amp gain may not match up to your HU voltage.

Max power is bullsh*t marketing they use to trick noobs. They put it on a test bench and crank it up till it dies and the number it sees before it dies, they advertise that as max power. Rms power is continuous daily output power aka the real rating. Be advised junk companies will blow up these numbers to stupid proportions too.
You are making noob mistake number 1 buying an amp not meant for subs, then you crank it/over gaining because its not loud enough and causing distortion/clipping which will cause your sub or amp to eventually fail.

I suggest you read around more about power, clipping, Distortion. Also set gains with a digital multi meter *google that up* or better yet, youtube it up. Learn from noob friendly guys like EXOcontralto in video form to get a better understanding.
Okay, well I'm gonna sell this amp before I buy another one. So, this amp Massive Audio N2 Nano Monoblock 1600W Max Amplifier or...?

Alright, really noob question here so don't hate on me. My HU preout is 2.5v, so I set my gains to 2.5? If I do that it literally has little to no bass.
in order to get 2.5V out of your headunit you need to have it at full volume, while playing a full-strength signal. if you have an amp on your speakers and set it to 2.5V also, then you're good to go. if not, you should consider it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.