Price check expectation!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Only The Best
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
texas
What would be an expected price for an installation and build for a 2007 armada KEEPING the third row usable.

1. Box for two JL 13.5's ported and carpeted

2. Box for two JL 10s (midbass) sealed and carpeted

3. installation of 4 component speakers (2 front, 2 back)

4. Installation of 2 Jl 1000's (1 for each 13.5")

5. Installation of 1 Jl 1000 (for the 10's)

6. installation of 2 Jl 300/2's (1 for each pair of components)

7. Big 3 upgrade

8. 2 extra batteries installed

Thank you for your input guys! feel free to add any other comments available. Already have the upgraded alternator!

Have the equipment or with equipment?
Sorry for the misinformation. All of the equipment is accounted for. Just the pricing on the above!

The thing I should add onto the original post is pricing for the wire that is going to be needed. I left that out.

What would be an expected price for an installation and build for a 2007 armada KEEPING the third row usable.1. Box for two JL 13.5's ported and carpeted

2. Box for two JL 10s (midbass) sealed and carpeted

3. installation of 4 component speakers (2 front, 2 back)

4. Installation of 2 Jl 1000's (1 for each 13.5")

5. Installation of 1 Jl 1000 (for the 10's)

6. installation of 2 Jl 300/2's (1 for each pair of components)

7. Big 3 upgrade

8. 2 extra batteries installed

Thank you for your input guys! feel free to add any other comments available. Already have the upgraded alternator!
So you are running 2 13.5's and 2 10's in the hatch even though the 10's are for mids?

So you are running 2 13.5's and 2 10's in the hatch even though the 10's are for mids?
Yeah im installing all of this for my friend and he wanted to run two 12's along with the 13.5's and was very adamant and I could not change his mind on the fact that the 13.5's would drown them out, so I convinced him to run 2 10's and seal them for the fidelity of the higher bass frequencies.

Yeah im installing all of this for my friend and he wanted to run two 12's along with the 13.5's and was very adamant and I could not change his mind on the fact that the 13.5's would drown them out, so I convinced him to run 2 10's and seal them for the fidelity of the higher bass frequencies.
Give the 13.5's a good ported enclosure and get some good mid-bass drivers for the doors

Give the 13.5's a good ported enclosure and get some good mid-bass drivers for the doors
Well I agree with you completely but this is what he wants and he already has the equipment. He is convinced that what he wants is the best idea, so I am not one to argue. I just am curious at an estimated price for installing everything and building it.

Price of wood, glue, ect. plus an hourly fee for your labor. What's your time worth and how quickly does he need it done?
He is flexible with time. Considering my being in College right now I would take one day out of the weekend to build the boxes and then take the next day to install everything or wait till the next weekend to spend more time on it. Depending on how long the whole install will take me is how I would really price the "hourly rate" Its more of a "if it was a ***** its going to be more". Just depends on what I run into and if you've done big installs like I see you have you always run into ******** along the way every now and then.

He is flexible with time. Considering my being in College right now I would take one day out of the weekend to build the boxes and then take the next day to install everything or wait till the next weekend to spend more time on it. Depending on how long the whole install will take me is how I would really price the "hourly rate" Its more of a "if it was a ***** its going to be more". Just depends on what I run into and if you've done big installs like I see you have you always run into ******** along the way every now and then.
Yea, I usually don't quote people enough and half way through the install I regret it. Never make them charge more though

Only labor I charge for is box building and putting in radio's. The installing and tuning are fun

He is going to run into issues with cancellation. Being a good friend you should refuse to install it as its an improper install. Either that or charge him the 2x10"s and keep them for doing the install.

Id switch out the 10s with the zr800s, sounds like the dude got money, get legit midbass drivers that produce midbass. Subs in a sealed box will still peak around 50hz and get weak output in the 100 to 150hz region. If he has a hard time understanding it, just say the zr800 mid basses are for real ballers. Lmao

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.