First build, advice?

That look good? What are the pros and cons of building your own box? If its anything like building a PC vs prebuilt then I might go for it. How hard is it?

the box is literally everything in a sub setup definitely get a good design from a pro and then build it yourself or you can learn WINisd(free) and use torres box calculator to design your own sub enclosure.

The speaker you chose is just a midbass woofer, you'll be lacking
highs this pairs well with the pwx Your head unit can run active networks

your sub amp choice is not optimal, this is the same amount of money as the skar but performs MASSIVEly better.

This is the amp dyno for the skar and the md 1800.1 aka the smaller version of the taramps md 3000.1 and the md 1800.1 made 2400 watts certified while the skar made 2200. Can you imagine what the 3000.1 makes? The EVL would like the extra power imo.

the box is literally everything in a sub setup definitely get a good design from a pro and then build it yourself or you can learn WINisd(free) and use torres box calculator to design your own sub enclosure.

The speaker you chose is just a midbass woofer, you'll be lacking
highs this pairs well with the pwx Your head unit can run active networks
Thanks! Sorry I completly forgot about the tweeters lol, I was aware of the type I chose. You think they are a good pair?
Also I'll figure out the box once I'm ready to order the parts, I'll have to do a lot of research on that.

your sub amp choice is not optimal, this is the same amount of money as the skar but performs MASSIVEly better.

This is the amp dyno for the skar and the md 1800.1 aka the smaller version of the taramps md 3000.1 and the md 1800.1 made 2400 watts certified while the skar made 2200. Can you imagine what the 3000.1 makes? The EVL would like the extra power imo.

Thanks, I assumed the skar would have been better quaity lol.

One other thing!! What are your opinions on getting one 15 inch or 2 12inch? I like noise...

also I might cop another one in the future and run the amps strapped.

Thanks, I assumed the skar would have been better quaity lol.

One other thing!! What are your opinions on getting one 15 inch or 2 12inch? I like noise...

also I might cop another one in the future and run the amps strapped.
yes is quality skarbage straight from china. No that rp2000.1 amp is not strappable and strapping is extremely inferior to gain matching. Better to just sell the amp and get an md8000.1 or another md 3000.1 instead. If you upgrade, UPGRADE dont fk with these pansy half assed step ups with cheapo china amps. And before you say anything i've used the rp2000.1 its meh, and inefficient, doesnt run cool, feels like china power and sound quality aka audiopipe and hifonics. I mean it'll sound fine to a newbie but once you experience quality korean and brazilian power and efficiency, you never look back at china amps. With the MD 3000.1 you'll notice Bass is tighter, more controlled and refined due to more clean power and cone control not to mention the amps running ice cold due to fans and your electrical wont be struggling either while being way louder vs the skar amp being way less loud, your head lights dimming, bass sounds sloppy etc...

two 12s will be your best bet, more cone area than a 15. If you measured out your jeep and gave up a lot more cargo room maybe you can fit two 15s and do some real damage. come back with a length x width x height you are willing to give up and we talk.

Last edited:
yes is quality skarbage straight from china. No that rp2000.1 amp is not strappable and strapping is extremely inferior to gain matching. Better to just sell the amp and get an md8000.1 or another md 3000.1 instead. If you upgrade, UPGRADE dont fk with these pansy half assed step ups with cheapo china amps. And before you say anything i've used the rp2000.1 its meh, and inefficient, doesnt run cool, feels like china power and sound quality aka audiopipe and hifonics. I mean it'll sound fine to a newbie but once you experience quality korean and brazilian power and efficiency, you never look back at china amps. With the MD 3000.1 you'll notice Bass is tighter, more controlled and refined due to more clean power and cone control not to mention the amps running ice cold due to fans and your electrical wont be struggling either while being way louder vs the skar amp being way less loud, your head lights dimming, bass sounds sloppy etc...

two 12s will be your best bet, more cone area than a 15. If you measured out your jeep and gave up a lot more cargo room maybe you can fit two 15s and do some real damage. come back with a length x width x height you are willing to give up and we talk.
From the top of the rear seat to the trunk, 26 inchs. 28 with some modifications. 38 inchs of height, 43 inchs width, because of the wheel wells.

If I move the rear seats up we can get an extra 8 inchs from the rear of the trunk to the top of the seats. The wheel wells only extend ~4 inchs from the floor and stick out ~3

Also these measurements are not 100% accurate as I've got the front seats in the trunk. If I have time tmmr I will pull them out and make sure my measurements are completely accurate.

From the top of the rear seat to the trunk, 26 inchs. 28 with some modifications. 38 inchs of height, 43 inchs width, because of the wheel wells.

If I move the rear seats up we can get an extra 8 inchs from the rear of the trunk to the top of the seats. The wheel wells only extend ~4 inchs from the floor and stick out ~3

Also these measurements are not 100% accurate as I've got the front seats in the trunk. If I have time tmmr I will pull them out and make sure my measurements are completely accurate.
you have space for two 18s bud

This would be a double layered box with a quad baffle with plenty of airspace for two 18s and more bracing. Definitely use high layered plywood over MDF, sucker will be heavy. It'll be subs up, port facing the rear and you have clearance for the port to breathe and load to the rear trunk as well with the depth. make sure the box isnt going to be obstructing your view tho.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.