First build, advice?

DC_Owen

CarAudio.com Newbie
Howdy! I have a 94 jeep Cherokee and I was looking to install a stereo system. I couldn't find a really good guide on what parts would be good, so I threw this list together. Can someone with more experience look it over and tell me if I'm missing anything? Or should change/remove etc. something.

Amp:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TKGTGJ6/?tag=caraudiocom-20 (too cheap? do I need more wattage?)

Subs:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001JECAM2/?tag=caraudiocom-20 (Should I go for the ported version? 50 bucks more will it make a big difference?)

Speakers:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ANI3LAK/?tag=caraudiocom-20 (component version? or regular?)

Head unit:

Battery:

Harness:

Did I forget anything? Will I need to upgrade any wiring? I have stock in the jeep right now, its probs like 18 awg but not sure (seems like the stock speaker might have blown out or the wiring went bad)

Thanks!!

Deck is meh, alt suggested:

Amp you linked *****

battery
Get a sams duracell, Sears are all closing so warranty will be a nightmare of **** happens

Amp kit

those subs don’t include an amp. What’s your overall budget. The jbl speakers are okay but you could do better by purchasing raw drivers and running active. You won’t need rear door speakers

What is your max. budget? I like the battery.. Thats about it. Do you have access to a Skill saw, drill, and jig saw? Can you follow directions on wiring diagrams?Simplistic wood diagrams and basics?What size is the alternator in the vehicle such as amperage?How old is it?Can you remove the door panels yourself? What type music do you listen to? What are you expecting or want out of your system?Such as just loud,some kind of clarity or over all best sound quality you can do for your money?

What is your max. budget? I like the battery.. Thats about it. Do you have access to a Skill saw, drill, and jig saw? Can you follow directions on wiring diagrams?Simplistic wood diagrams and basics?What size is the alternator in the vehicle such as amperage?How old is it?Can you remove the door panels yourself? What type music do you listen to? What are you expecting or want out of your system?Such as just loud,some kind of clarity or over all best sound quality you can do for your money?
I knew this response was appropriate but I feel like this should be requirement for asking for whole system recommendations... almost like selling requirements. It’s pretty much why I left sub recommendations alone

I knew this response was appropriate but I feel like this should be requirement for asking for whole system recommendations... almost like selling requirements. It’s pretty much why I left sub recommendations alone
So whats your Budget? Willing to spend?If you have access to tools to build a sub box and know how to run and wire things up, you can save funds on DIY and utilize more spending funds on quality equipment that will last.Type of music listening to for the daily as a daily driven vehicle or if you want more of a Sound quality system(of which can dig deep in the pockets along with a ground pounder and take time to get the system to where you enjoy it)

So whats your Budget? Willing to spend?If you have access to tools to build a sub box and know how to run and wire things up, you can save funds on DIY and utilize more spending funds on quality equipment that will last.Type of music listening to for the daily as a daily driven vehicle or if you want more of a Sound quality system(of which can dig deep in the pockets along with a ground pounder and take time to get the system to where you enjoy it)
Shoot sorry I forgot to write that part of my post :p

My Budget is top 1000 dollars, I'd like to keep it under 800. I have some access to equipment however unless the gains of building a sub box myself is worth the time and effort I'd probably buy it new.

I wont be running my system hard a whole lot, however I want the power there when I need it.

1000 dollar budget, hopefully not over 800. I have a drill, skill saw and jig saw(not a tabletop band saw though) . I can do a wiring diagram and soldiering is not out of the question. The alternator is stock, I belive it was replaced 7 or more years ago. I can remove 99% of the vehicles insides(I already have done a lot bc of mold and rust). I listen to mostly rap/pop. I dont want it to be muddy or anything but sound quality is not a huge concern. Its obviously going to be an arm and a leg over stock.

Continued in next post..

Deck is meh, alt suggested:

Amp you linked *****

battery
Get a sams duracell, Sears are all closing so warranty will be a nightmare of **** happens

Amp kit

those subs don’t include an amp. What’s your overall budget. The jbl speakers are okay but you could do better by purchasing raw drivers and running active. You won’t need rear door speakers

I figured the amp ******. I've heard boss audio ***** in general lol.

Ty for the battery. Should I do anything with the stock alternator?

Okay so the amp kit, this is the wiring for it? I'll need to figure out were to route the cables but I'm sure there is guides galore about that. Send a good one if you can :)

What do you guys think about the subs? Budgets around 1000. Be nice to keep it under 800.

You lost me at raw drivers and running active, can you elaborate @BCotrell ? Thanks!

I dont mind any critisim, I knew my list was absoluty garbage but I had to start somewhere.

Also should I get a monoblock for 2 subs? I dont wanna under power them and blow them :p

2nd the Pioneer GM-8704 4 channel. I just installed one in my car. Great amp for the price. I would maybe look building your own box. You could get 2 Sundown LCS from the Yard sale for 90$ shipped if you want to take a chance or Pay 180$ for new ones. You can build a box for around 60$ if you have the tools

2nd the Pioneer GM-8704 4 channel. I just installed one in my car. Great amp for the price. I would maybe look building your own box. You could get 2 Sundown LCS from the Yard sale for 90$ shipped if you want to take a chance or Pay 180$ for new ones. You can build a box for around 60$ if you have the tools

That look good? What are the pros and cons of building your own box? If its anything like building a PC vs prebuilt then I might go for it. How hard is it?

If you need to ask which subs would be best for you, please include the following:

Number of subs preferred:

Size preferred (if configuration allows):

Budget:

Power to be used (which amp(s), include which resistance):

Space available (take measurements, do not guess):

Goals:

Listening habits:

Preferred brands/subs/whatever:

If you guys have anything to add to the list let me know.

Constantly asking people for the above information gets old.

2 Subs

12-15inch

350 dollars

not sure how many amps. flexible

As much space as you want. An entire jeep trunk full lol

I like to turn it up for the bros, not gonna run it 120% all day.

Rap, pop, generally at tollarable levels

no preference

For a budget sub you cant go wrong. I ran a pair for about 6 months and was very impressed. Ran on a Soundqubed S1-1250. Built a box. I have a build log on this forum if you go to the build logs. If you have a jig saw, skill saw, drill and have cut wood before its not hard. My box was about 36" wide, 16" tall and 21" deep @ 32hz.

That look good? What are the pros and cons of building your own box? If its anything like building a PC vs prebuilt then I might go for it. How hard is it?
Build a box! If you ask reallll nice once you pick your subs you can probably get someone to make you a design with cut measurements for you. For the cost to get a good box made you can screw up once on wood and still be okay.

Okay so I completely overhauled the list lol(thanks for the help!!)

What do you guys think? I got a bit confused with the wiring, might need some help with what to order..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.