CarAudio.com VIP
Jul 29, 2019
Tampa
Pioneer DDX771 head unit
Two sets of pioneer pro ts350 tweeters
Two sets of pioneer pro 6.5 midrange drivers
One Taramps DS800X4 2 ohm for high stage. 200wattsX4 @2ohm
One American Bass HD15d2
Subwoofer box= 4.2 cu.ft. before speaker and port, tuned to 35hz.
One Soundstream Rubicon 2500.1d Limited Edition, 2,[email protected] ohm.
All OFC amp kits (0 and 4 gauge)
Two H6 AGM batteries
High amp alternator
Not installed yet, but appreciate any thoughts! Thanks for reading.
Looks good to me!!

Just post an update about that 4chan taramps amp once you install it because that's my next purchase.

Popwarhomie

Team Lethal Pressure
Jan 22, 2010
Florida
I had two TS800x4s and they were great little amps. The DS line is even better built. Loads of power and super tiny.

Taramps copy.jpg
IMG_20150824_160607 copy.jpg
800x4.jpg

Slo_Ride

Regulator
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
Ok, are we on the same page when you say before sub and port? I take it to mean that your box is 4.2 before you subract the volume of the sub and port. Correct?

shredder2

CarAudio.com Elite
Nov 19, 2017
Az
4.2 before sub and port is what 3.5?

Hell I would of went at least 4.2 after sub and port.
I agree with this ^^^^ 100%
I don't think that Soundstream is as powerful as you think... especially wired to 1ohm (impedance rise).
Imo you left a lot of output on the table by undersizing the enclosure, it'll sound fine and all but realize the output you get probably could have been improved by sizing the box for your power I think he' saying... @Slo_Ride ... am I assuming that was your point?

Reactions: Slo_Ride

Slo_Ride

Regulator
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
I don't think that Soundstream is as powerful as you think... especially wired to 1ohm (impedance rise).
Imo you left a lot of output on the table by undersizing the enclosure, it'll sound fine and all but realize the output you get probably could have been improved by sizing the box for your power I think he' saying... @Slo_Ride ... am I assuming that was your point?
Yeps

danielbea122

CarAudio.com VIP
Jul 29, 2019
Tampa
I had to sell my Orion XTR2500.1dz because it would've drawn too much from my electrical. I'm limited with my electrical upgrade options. So, how big of a box would you guys recommend before port and sub? 4.75? 5? I should've named this thread, Finished Buying System. Waiting on interior install first. So, to maximize the Soundstream (dyno at 2,400 @1 ohm), how big should the box be? Tuning? I was thinking 35hz. The box is being built out of 1" MDF.
Bro I wouldn't worry about it. You're talking to people that will build a whole new box to gain .5 db in competition.

It's going to sound good. I kinda wish there was a novice car audio site where you're not expected to know everything then treated like crap if you don't.

Reactions: Bobbytwonames
OP
B

Bobbytwonames

CarAudio.com VIP
Aug 28, 2018
Bro I wouldn't worry about it. You're talking to people that will build a whole new box to gain .5 db in competition.

It's going to sound good. I kinda wish there was a novice car audio site where you're not
Dead

Last edited:

fithwheel

Dec 8, 2017
indiana
I kinda wish there was a novice car audio site where you're not expected to know everything then treated like crap if you don't.
Idk what this has to do with this thread? Op asked for thoughts. Judging from his equipment choices I'd assume he's going for spl.
I think Facebook has some car audio sites like that. I've never felt like I was expected to know everything here and have gotten good advice here and I certainly don't put myself in the spl chasing/competition crowd. More for fun for me hobby type thing ya know. There are others around here like myself that's never competed or been to a show that just enjoy car audio.

Don't recall ever feeling like I've been treated like crap either but maybe I have thick skin idk.

OP
B

Bobbytwonames

CarAudio.com VIP
Aug 28, 2018
Big. 4.5 net. Notice I said net! 35-37 good.
I know how to figure the box cubic feet, but I don't know how to figure the length of the port to tune the box to 35-37. I might be able to fit 5-5.25 before sub and port.
Dead

Last edited:

shredder2

CarAudio.com Elite
Nov 19, 2017
Az
You're talking to people that will build a whole new box to gain .5 db in competition.
Coming from the guy that just gave up building a simple SRT forum 12 design any enclosure recommendations you give are suspect in my opinion, I'm glad you are happy with your prefab and glad you are willing to give advice. I'd just stick to your knowledge and enclosures don't seem to really be within your purview.

Op...I stated this in one of your other threads...

"Your best bet is to enclose that monster tuned to your taste and sized/ported for your power, configured for your vehicle and please... No prefabs.
Be clear on your goals with your designer/builder."

That was regarding the Orion XTR2500, now a Sounstream rubicon is being used?
From underrated power to overrated. Any way you decide to go, modeling it for response, velocities... etc is the best way to start.
If you are unable to do this or unwilling to try/learn... I'd try purchasing a design. (tons of designers out there)
Of course, that current box you got might make you happy... idk

Last edited:
Reactions: Popwarhomie

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)

Trending topics

Latest classifieds