Fairlady Trunk Build Log

the frame is now glassed into the bottom.the build should go pretty fast from here on in.

IMG_0976.jpg

IMG_0975.jpg

lol i start my actual job monday so i wont have that much free time. but this week ya i sure did. and no sorry no update as of yet, i have been working on the skyline all day. ill try to get some work done soon

well i have been busy as hell but i managed to get some work done. i cut out the flushmount baffle for the sub a few days ago and attached it to the frame. then it got wrapped in the brightest pink fleece i could find //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif jk its the largest piece i had. anyhow, i then resined it and let it cure. just moments ago i did a layer of matte on the top. there will be three layers to follow asap. during this time the top will be sanded/bondoed/sanded...etc....then painted black.

IMG_0484-2.jpg

IMG_0481q.jpg

IMG_0480-2.jpg

IMG_0479-2.jpg

more pics soon..

lol sorry mang. i just had the mount baffle in the sheet of 3/4....thats why it looks weird. it got cut out shortly after. it is a pita to cut 1.75" of mdf with a jigsaw that doesnt reach that far. haha i had to chisel off some of the bottom. anyhow i have nothing to do tonight since im going out the next two nights since its my 18th birthday(drinking age here). sooooo im going to get the first layer of bondo on. and yes...pics will be loaded in less than 10 minutes. i gotta showa first lol....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

the pics will clear up any missdirection in whats going on. and you will see how secksi its gonna look. atleast i think so //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

now skip ahead a day...after bring wrapped and resined once.

this is how its sits now. has been glassed like i mentioned before and after o post this **** im going to sand. then bondo...so expect another update in a few hours

IMG_0490-2.jpg

IMG_0491-2.jpg

IMG_0492-1.jpg

IMG_0493-1.jpg

IMG_0494-1.jpg

in the car with panels put back in. the owner got back fromnew bruinswick today so im going to let him know he can pick his car up until tuesday. its going to be super nice out so he may as well enjoy his **** car lol. i will be too busy to get too much work done...but since i built it with this frame i can work on the two peices seperately...so i will finsih the top piece then finish the trunk piece when iu get the car back. enoguh talk..more pics.

IMG_0495-1.jpg

IMG_0496-1.jpg

IMG_0497-1.jpg

its just sitting on the bolts in those pics. it will sit about 1.5" lower. looking back i would have made the outer sub ring thiner but i like it the way it is. its different...and well it just looks sweet imo

enjoy

hah thanks dude

i just got the bottom side layered up with some fg. and the top layered with short strand bondo glass. im going to sand the **** down now...then i will post pics later.

Coming along very nicely. Can't wait to see the finished pics. Need to find an application and some subs to start doing some fiberglass work of my own.

Anything else going in the car? amps? comps? where is the sub amp going to mount? Just getting anxious to see the finished pics lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.