2 zv5's doing 148.45 at 25 hz in trunk car

Participant count
  • Participant list

Psi_optima12

CarAudio.com Newbie
hello everyone its been a minute since i last been on here and i want your guy's opinion on something . i own a kia optima and i have a small system in it and it consists of 2 12's (zv5 d2 wired to .5) on a taramps md12k are currently doing 148.45 db at 25 hz certified at bass wars . current electrical is 320 amp alt , big 4 , 2 runs of power from alt to battery and 2 grounds from alt to battery , battery wise it a 70 ah yinlong (yes i know its not enough upgrading at some point to cmax) and from the battery to the amp im running 4 2/0 power runs and 4 2/0 grounds and of course all wire is ofc . From amp to box is 8 gauge rockford ofc and from box to subs are 10 gauge skyhigh ofc . fuse wish for amp its 800 amps (4 200's) and haven't had a single problem . the box i built its 5.5 cb ft before all displacements with a 6 inch aero port and the box is tuned to 22 i think i don't fully remember . before i was doing 148 flat with the same set up but with avatar stu 12's instead of the zv5's at 27 hz and the avatars was clamping just shy of 10k watts and the zv5's are clamping a little over 8000 watts and are .45 db louder on less power and on a lower frequency (27 vs 25) . Do you guys believe if i do a trunk wall it would be louder and sound cleaner ? compared to how it currently is and thats subs forward port in the driver side wheel well

Do you guys believe if i do a trunk wall it would be louder
It will probably change your tuning. I've seen bigger numbers off of much less power from walling at the rear seats, but Terry "trunk king" Brock just uses a box with subs and (external) port forward and does some ridiculous trunk numbers.
I guess you can make either loud if you build enough boxes and put in the time testing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...