envoy build - ssa 10" gcon

well here is a small update got the mold pulled and trimmed up for the most part....

anyways here are some pics.... if i cant get the base molded to the mold tomorrow for sure on monday(go on vacation tuesday for a week). then its on to adding some more layers before wrapping and glassing the whole face of the box. should be fun lol

Very nice glasswork, have you thought about some heavy duty rear springs to compensate for the extra weight you are going to add to the rear?
Iirc it's got air bags from the factory and he isn't adding but maybe 100lbs of equipment anyway. That car is designed to carry 5 200lb people and tow 5-6000lbs I doubt it needs any rear suspension work

Change your sig now!!!!!! lol, what kenwood amp is pushing those 10"s?
i thought about it just been to lazy to do so lol.

i will get that model to you later on today when i go back out to the truck to work on this box some more.

well nothing crazy today..... got the base molded to the mold. did 2 layers and inbetween the layers i pour extra resin the vally. probably will do 1 more layer to be sure and then on the back side shoot sum foam in little cracks here and there then smooth out. i also added another layer to the cubby hole area and the flat back surface. i could probably stop but want to be sure it good. be my first box where its almost completely glass. when i come back from vcay and bills are paid think im going to invest in a dremel to cut the remaining edges off and then start on my speaker ring and wrapping this thing to be glassed.

anyway snap a few pics.....

oh and this thing fits back in place like a glove.

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 PM ----------

Ok cool. Might consider holding on to it and you could run a good set of comps off that amp.

I see you changed your sig........lol.
oh i was hoping you wanted to buy it lol

yes i did right after i saw your post.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.