Which Sundown subs best fit my situation?

Alright. So I've been getting a little bashed on for going with the Sundown Zv3 15's for the size box and airspace I have that can be utilized in my car. I've currently got the Z's in 2 separate enclosures that come out to be about 3 cubes a piece after woofer displacement and all.

Now, my question is, and I know they haven't shipped out yet, but would 2 Zv4 12's be more suitable for my situation? Putting them in about 3 cubes each? And output, musically, and performance wise, how would they compare to the 15's?

Any advice would be of great help!

The subs u have will be fine in that box a bigger box would allow them to play flatter across the sub frequency range but that may not be what your ears like then again maybe it is what you want.

my suggestion is lose the slot port for aeroports you should gain some box volume and u may be able to better place the ports on the box face

That is a good idea. The box would have to be completely remade.. So you're saying I should utilize that extra space that the slot ports are taking up and use that to enlarge the box, then add the aeroports in replacement of that? What size aeroports so you recommend for each enclosure? Thanks!

That is a good idea. The box would have to be completely remade.. So you're saying I should utilize that extra space that the slot ports are taking up and use that to enlarge the box, then add the aeroports in replacement of that? What size aeroports so you recommend for each enclosure? Thanks!

I would also stick with the 3s as Jacob said the 4s need a larger box than the 3s. I would also recommend aero ports and a shared chamber

i would just go with 12s if you can. i cant see the benefit of jambing two 15s in a box that would work better for 2- 12s. cone area aint evreything

If I was to move to 12's, it'd be the Zv4's. But as stated above, they require more airspace than the v3's. Would they still work better in this box over the 15's?

I would get a pair of zv3 12's in a 4.5 cube box after all displacements tuned 32hz it will play a wide spectrum leave room for the port area needed and keep enough room for the port to breath.

If I was to move to 12's, it'd be the Zv4's. But as stated above, they require more airspace than the v3's. Would they still work better in this box over the 15's?
I would try to fit 2 3inch aeros per chamber or at minimum 1 4inch per chamber. If you built it common chamber a 6inch of 8inch port might work as well.

Really it just takes some tossing around of numbers to see what you can fit 2 4inch ports or a 6inch port in 6cubes will work but 3or4 3inch ports works better in my experience.

one thing to consider about multiple ports is that you can plug a port and change your tuning. This would work great for a 4 3inch or 3 4inch box were with all 3/4 you can tune for competition then plug one or two for daily.

with your application 3 4inch ports would be my pick

I would try to fit 2 3inch aeros per chamber or at minimum 1 4inch per chamber. If you built it common chamber a 6inch of 8inch port might work as well.
Really it just takes some tossing around of numbers to see what you can fit 2 4inch ports or a 6inch port in 6cubes will work but 3or4 3inch ports works better in my experience.

one thing to consider about multiple ports is that you can plug a port and change your tuning. This would work great for a 4 3inch or 3 4inch box were with all 3/4 you can tune for competition then plug one or two for daily.

with your application 3 4inch ports would be my pick
I disagree as if he starts using multiple aeros the space they would take up will negate the fact they save space also the length would be retarded and unattainable. his best bet is to drop to 12's and not zv4's as the room needed isn't there.

Also I've built many boxes for the same car. Check my build log. It does best subs up port back about 8 inches off the back. Also don't go over 13 inches tall cause of the hatch clearance. Without going into the back seat that's even hard to do with 12s. I was going to do a single 15 but I lost the seat.

Honestly, to hell with it. I'm getting this thing done right. What's the OPTIMAL airspace and port area for these 2 15's? I'm going over into my backseat. I want it perfect then, since I'm doing this.

Honestly, to hell with it. I'm getting this thing done right. What's the OPTIMAL airspace and port area for these 2 15's? I'm going over into my backseat. I want it perfect then, since I'm doing this.
Hell if willing to go into backseat just wall the **** thing

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.