Avalanche|4 12"s|Seems Legit right?

Roppolo
10+ year member

Guam
Helping a friend install 4 12s in his avalanche.

For now just the subs the box and the amps will be done.

Mids and highs will be done later.

2 5000.1 RE amps

4 12" RE Sx pros

Well here is some progress, it will be done by July 17th for a competition.

Gonna add some extra batts and the big 3

A new alt and better bats will be installed later.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG%5D

Nice work. As a tip, which becomes more important when competing, is to reduce the number of chambers in the box. Having many chambers helps the subs load equally, and it also provides great strength, but it also increases the reactive load on your amp. Higher load translates to less power out of the amp. In certain situations a higher load may be desirable, such as if the amp was going into protect because the load was too low. For most people however, they benefit on the meter when they can reduce that reactive load and hence get more power out of the amp.

no clue where your meter location is, but you will have problems building pressure in a single spot with all of those ports and different placement of them... will sound loud, but wont meter loud most likely

Thanks for the responses. This is my first box build. We built the box to where each chamber had about 2 cu ft of air space. That's whats the subs required for the best performance. We just designed the ports off another sub box. I'm guessing a meter reads the db? If so where should it be placed? And any clue what db you think I might be able to hit? Also I have no clue to tell what the box is tuned to. Is that bad lol

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

^^^^^ I meant to press quote sorry.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Roppolo

10+ year member
Roppolo
Guam
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from