Cool GM voltage regulator

you really should not be anywhere near 16v let alone 15.5v man..
btw your vr is going out by eod today
Not going to be using batteries. Cap specs said they're good up to 16.2v.

Or, I could make banks of 7 instead of 6

Not going to be using batteries. Cap specs said they're good up to 16.2v.
Or, I could make banks of 7 instead of 6
oh ok gotcha

you'll be good up to 16.2 like you said just watch the balancing every now and then between cells (havent had problems myself)

i got a voltage booster for my gp for like $20, i had like 15.1v at amp at idle but i noticed stereo was way louder at idle so i rode in back seat and check volts at amp while driving and it would drop to 13v so i unhooked it..

i got a voltage booster for my gp for like $20, i had like 15.1v at amp at idle but i noticed stereo was way louder at idle so i rode in back seat and check volts at amp while driving and it would drop to 13v so i unhooked it..
if that was the case the voltage booster was shutting down so it wouldnt mess up the regulator..

I personally went with a avbm when i got tired of diodes.

Do you have a balancing circuit?
no i dont, with a larger bank of caps i would be more weary. we only go from 15.5 to 10v on caps (or even less 15v to 12v, even less per cell) so its not like a full cycle which would cause more imbalance

you do need to watch it with different caps though, internal ESR will cause imbalance. lunchbox on caco has mad banks and hasnt had is issues.

lets just say its been a year, and theyre all within a tenth of a volt.

even if you have to just put them in parallel once a year (or even 6 months) to balance them i doubt itd be too difficult, but it would be indicative of a bad cap in the bank.

btw your package will be there thursday (hopefully) ill get you the tracking number whenever you need it

no i dont, with a larger bank of caps i would be more weary. we only go from 15.5 to 10v on caps (or even less 15v to 12v, even less per cell) so its not like a full cycle which would cause more imbalance
you do need to watch it with different caps though, internal ESR will cause imbalance. lunchbox on caco has mad banks and hasnt had is issues.

lets just say its been a year, and theyre all within a tenth of a volt.

even if you have to just put them in parallel once a year (or even 6 months) to balance them i doubt itd be too difficult, but it would be indicative of a bad cap in the bank.

btw your package will be there thursday (hopefully) ill get you the tracking number whenever you need it
Ok, I won't be full-cycling them. They're just buffer for my alternators, which should be able to handle my amps. I also don't play the stereo with my truck off.

I still haven't heard back from GP and no alternators have arrived yet, so I'm not worried about how soon I get the regulator. Did you find out what the deal was with your alternator?

Ok, I won't be full-cycling them. They're just buffer for my alternators, which should be able to handle my amps. I also don't play the stereo with my truck off.
I still haven't heard back from GP and no alternators have arrived yet, so I'm not worried about how soon I get the regulator. Did you find out what the deal was with your alternator?
nah i said **** it and got a brand new ad244 from the junkyard for $40 and when i get finished moving and everything ill probably pull it apart and try to fix it. im pretty sure the voltage regulator failed.

got pretty lucky, the dr44g on this cadillac in the junkyard must have been replaced like a month before they wrecked it lol

nah i said **** it and got a brand new ad244 from the junkyard for $40 and when i get finished moving and everything ill probably pull it apart and try to fix it. im pretty sure the voltage regulator failed.
got pretty lucky, the dr44g on this cadillac in the junkyard must have been replaced like a month before they wrecked it lol
Nice! Moving sucks. Half my stuff is in Illinois right now and the other half is here in Iowa

Nice! Moving sucks. Half my stuff is in Illinois right now and the other half is here in Iowa
yeah its a pain and im trying to decide if i wanna pay someone to move my stuff or if i want to rent a u hail trailer for behind my truck but im not sure how well it'll trail it considering it hasnt hauled anything since the 35s and lift

only an 18 hour drive but i dont exactly want to buy a new 4l60e

yeah its a pain and im trying to decide if i wanna pay someone to move my stuff or if i want to rent a u hail trailer for behind my truck but im not sure how well it'll trail it considering it hasnt hauled anything since the 35s and lift
only an 18 hour drive but i dont exactly want to buy a new 4l60e
We're renting pods. They're like barge containers. They get dropped off in your driveway or yard, you fill them up, they get transported by semi to wherever you want, and you unload them.

PODS.jpg

pods11.jpg

We're renting pods. They're like barge containers. They get dropped off in your driveway or yard, you fill them up, they get transported by semi to wherever you want, and you unload them.
PODS.jpg

pods11.jpg
Those get expensive.. you can pay just as much for movers to come out and do it for you.

I worked for 3 men movers and I heard of all the prices.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

Those get expensive.. you can pay just as much for movers to come out and do it for you.
I worked for 3 men movers and I heard of all the prices.

Ah, dang. So you would just suggest hiring a small moving company?

Yeah unless your just moving one room then u can do a pod
I'm moving half the stuff in a house //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.