Complete total newbie. Help me out

i would unscrew the subs from box and see if there dvc and what ohm they are, then look up your model number and see what ohm its stable to. wire it accordingly, your gonna wanna run the box off the mono channel of amp. i have accualy had some fusion stuff few years ago, think i picked up from a flea market or yard sale. surprisingly they get pretty loud. id compare with with the old mtx roadthunder2's as far as what they will sound like. and take the speaker grills off! lol..

subs prolly do 300 rms each and the amp is a mono block amp (1 channel). the amp i guarentee puts out 600 rrms because if you add the fusing (30 + 30) and times it by ten, you get a relative idea of how much power it puts out. so it looks like the amp and subs were made for each other. since you got that system with your car, i'd say you got a pretty good first system //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/happydance.gif.a963168fea27d8453c3ec467ddcf9e1c.gif

question... i though you times the fusing by your voltage to get a the power/

while i cant find your particular amp (yours might be an older model )this link has the same model number PP-AM9002 this amp is a little different it has 4 fuses where yours has 2 not sure what that meens

to find out about your subs you dont need to remove the carpet from the box if you look at the subs you will see screws around the front remove those and the grills come off. there might be some under those to remove the subs ,or the subs might come out when you remove the first ones. what we are looking for is how many connections the sub has,if there is any writing on the back of them ect...

keep us posted what you find out and we will help you get hooked up right.

while i cant find your particular amp (yours might be an older model )this link has the same model number PP-AM9002 this amp is a little different it has 4 fuses where yours has 2 not sure what that meens
to find out about your subs you dont need to remove the carpet from the box if you look at the subs you will see screws around the front remove those and the grills come off. there might be some under those to remove the subs ,or the subs might come out when you remove the first ones. what we are looking for is how many connections the sub has,if there is any writing on the back of them ect...

keep us posted what you find out and we will help you get hooked up right.
It's still fused at 60amps, so probably still the same thing. Just using four 15amp fuses rather than two 30amp ones. Likely just a newer model.

And yes, try to unscrew what ever you can and explore it. Write down any model numbers or specs you see and look it up, learn your equipment. You're not gonna break anything by unscrewing, just make sure to put it back as you found it for now. My first car had a stereo in it as well, and this is how I started to learn stuff. And most importantly, with settings, you don't want ANYTHING maxed out. it's bad, it produced distortion, which kills speakers. So this includes amp settings, and the settings on your head unit. Loud does not mean good. clean and clear is good. So if the bass sounds muddy or the vocals aren't clear, something is set up too high.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.