Complete total newbie. Help me out

Hi,

I bought my car and it came with what i believe are some pretty sick sounds and I'd like to know if they are wired correctly.

I don't know exactly what specifications i need to tell you as i know very little about electronics and car audio but this is a project car for me so I need to learn.

From memory I have a sony head unit, 2 tweeters, 2 6" speakers, 2 6x9" speakers, a 900W amp (not sure of how many channels, let me know how to find that one out), and dual 12" subs in this box.

Don't be too rough on me haha

Cheers

watts the rated watts on the speakers and subs? should be labeled right on there as rms. also how many speaker inputs are there on the amp? thats how you tell if it is 2 4 5 or 1 channel. and finally what kind of amp and we can tell you.

6"s : 270W max 45W rms

6x9 : 440W max 80W nom (no rms?) and it says 4 way

Here is photo of amp. Fusion amp

IMG_0696.jpg

IMG_0695.jpg

And here is sub. Sub had no visible writing on the outside. Fusion subs

IMG_0697.jpg

Thanks

subs prolly do 300 rms each and the amp is a mono block amp (1 channel). the amp i guarentee puts out 600 rrms because if you add the fusing (30 + 30) and times it by ten, you get a relative idea of how much power it puts out. so it looks like the amp and subs were made for each other. since you got that system with your car, i'd say you got a pretty good first system //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/happydance.gif.a963168fea27d8453c3ec467ddcf9e1c.gif

And how come the rcas are in the output part and none in the input?
good catch. i did not notice that it is only mono bridged. either way the amp is correct with the subs. but i did notice the output. are the subs not producing bass? if so thats the problem. i was under the assumption that the system was working properly. fail to figure stuff out on my part.

Na they do produce bass even though they are in input? i dont know why they came like that so i left it like that. So i know a 1 Channel is for a sub so what can i do with a 2 channel? power the two subs? and do i just run the speakers and tweeters off the head unit? and if the rcas go in the input what is supposed to come out of the out put. Thanks for your feedback

first thing is welcome to the madness of car audio ;D you seem to have a decent start. the rca's are supposed to be on the input,the output is to connect more amps to run other speakers if im correct (i never used them i prefer the control of a crossover) hard to say if the dials and switch is set right because we cant really tell what way they are facing some look like they are maxed. the important thing to remember is distortion kills woofers, so watch maxing all the dials to get a little louder. i have been out of audio for a while so, if im wrong in any way plz be nice when correcting it lol

he ment 2 subs on a 2 chanel amp

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.