Checked gain with an O-scope, sub is still smelling

I'm only biased on subs based off what works well. Sundown is one of the best subwoofer designers in the world, period, IMO. Sundown is so far ahead of many sub manufacturers in the magnet/motor department IMO. I'd say you wouldn't go wrong with either. I would just try to match subs up with your amps properly.
Looks like i will be sticking with sundown, even if i can only get their low range subs

not sure what you mean by actual power, my amp is rated 1200w RMS at 1 ohm, and 800w at 2
your og post said 1200w. then i recommended an icon and you said it only does 800. if you can push 1200 at 1 ohm then just know you can wire a dual 2 ohm SSA icon to 1ohm. if you want sundown thats fine. i run sundown too. but with the information you have given the icon is the best bang for your buck here for rap with good lows. you have the power.

I'm only biased on subs based off what works well. Sundown is one of the best subwoofer designers in the world, period, IMO. Sundown is so far ahead of many sub manufacturers in the magnet/motor department IMO. I'd say you wouldn't go wrong with either. I would just try to match subs up with your amps properly.
I like them too. got my 2 refurbished sa 12's for 300. but sa's arent worth the money anymore. better options for cheaper or same amount. but the x's are a marvel for hitting lows clean.

your og post said 1200w. then i recommended an icon and you said it only does 800. if you can push 1200 at 1 ohm then just know you can wire a dual 2 ohm SSA icon to 1ohm. if you want sundown thats fine. i run sundown too. but with the information you have given the icon is the best bang for your buck here for rap with good lows. you have the power.
Oh that's right, I forgot you can wire it that way with dual voice coils. Was thinking again you can only wire down in impedance if you have two subs. Man buying subs without the knowledge really throws your ass into the deep end. Overwhelming to cram all this in

"dual 2 ohm SSA icon"

Actually it would be Dual 4 ohm in order to get a 1 ohm load on the amplifier. If you are going with one subwoofer then yes Dual 2 ohm can be wired to 1 ohm.

Also if his total is 1200 watts at 1 ohm then 2 Icons would be too much since the RMS on those is 1,250 watts each. Now one would be fine or do the Gcon with the upgraded SPL and what not. Still waiting on SSA to get back to me with those answer and once they do I will post them so you can compare.

"dual 2 ohm SSA icon"

Actually it would be Dual 4 ohm in order to get a 1 ohm load on the amplifier. If you are going with one subwoofer then yes Dual 2 ohm can be wired to 1 ohm.

Also if his total is 1200 watts at 1 ohm then 2 Icons would be too much since the RMS on those is 1,250 watts each. Now one would be fine or do the Gcon with the upgraded SPL and what not. Still waiting on SSA to get back to me with those answer and once they do I will post them so you can compare.

Yeah he’d be fine running 1200w on an icon imo.

"dual 2 ohm SSA icon"

You arwnt paying attention to this thread go back and read it then reply again. I said multiple times he is better with 1 15 icon over two sundown e 12's because he gets more power with almost idwntical cone area. Plus he gets a better designed sub that has a low fs and relatively small box requirements for a 15. He will smash 24-55hz easily and it fits perfectly with the amp he already has installed. He would just need a big 3 if he doesnr already have ONE witch is literally 30 bucks in wire and connectors and could probably get away with stock electrical on 1200w. It's be nice if he got an agm but in his price range i would wait

Last edited:
lol 30 bucks in 1/0 and connectors. That will be a lot more then that especially OFC which you would want to do, 1/0 connectors can cost up to 10 bucks for a 5-10 pack then the wire is another 40-50 bucks minimum in ofc because if you are going to wire it as a 1/0 big 3 then you are crazy not to run 1/0 as well back to the amplifier to get the most out of it. Also read my whole post also the GCon can handle quite a bit as well especially with the upgrades, SSA will confirm that as I emailed them myself this afternoon asking those exact questions! And don't tell me what to do either.

A dual 4 ohm sub can be wired to 8 or 2 ohms.

A dual 2 ohm sub can be wired to 4 or 1 ohm(s).

Exactly Buck!

lol 30 bucks in 1/0 and connectors. That will be a lot more then that especially OFC which you would want to do, 1/0 connectors can cost up to 10 bucks for a 5-10 pack then the wire is another 40-50 bucks minimum in ofc because if you are going to wire it as a 1/0 big 3 then you are crazy not to run 1/0 as well back to the amplifier to get the most out of it. Also read my whole post also the GCon can handle quite a bit as well especially with the upgrades, SSA will confirm that as I emailed them myself this afternoon asking those exact questions! And don't tell me what to do either.

Exactly Buck!

You should’ve seen the price on my 4/0 connectors 😭

Exactly Buck!
I mean I go to junk yards and such cuz im a super OCD bargain guy. but even if he isn't you can get way with cca on 1200 watts in my experience i"ve never seen any huge voltage drops under 1500w on cca. only problem is you will have to swap for ofc if you go too far over 2000w. I only said that cuz he is on a budget and i dont want to pressure him into spending loads of money like the car audio community often pressures people into. i want him to get his moneys worth and get more into this hobby. cca in the engine bay at this rms is fine

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.