Camry kicks and tweeter waveguide

Mainly because gauged clamped power will be around rated rms but daily musical will exceed it depending on frequency. The woofers are fine with 5 to 6.5 cubes on AA's recommendations. thats where i'm tuned at as well. IDK if you have that much space man. We literally squeezed every inch out of my minivan. My minivan has A LOT more cubic airspace space than a tahoe. you wont have 60 cubes for your front chamber of your tahoe lol. Not without giving up structural rigidity.
Yea prly won't get 60cubes but if i fit 30cubes cpillar and from the cpillar to my bpillar is wider and taller and deeper then my wall. So I should be able to get a close to 45cubes. I don't wanna be cluttering up this dudes thread though. Lol

Yea ive built MANY enclosures but idk how to like finish them in order for them to look smooth and presentable.
It's not so much what you're doing with the fiberglass, but having a lot of patience with bondo and sanding once you have the general shape you want.

I hope you don't have image issues with the tweeter in your face. Your eyes will get pulled to it.
Nah, Stage is too far forward, no psycho acoustics. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Thank you for explaining, I checked out the Mercedes by the way. The only other thing that's holding me back from doing this is that it's spring and I have no garage so I'm stuck under a porch roof in rain everyday.
The goal is to do a true sq front stage. It will be ran active off of the c-dsp and 80prs. I bought that amp off of trumpet this morning too so I'll finally be able to ditch these passive crossovers and pickup new midranges and tweeters. So im going to look into doing a sealed enclosure inside the door panel, more. I believe I have the room in there without doing too much modification.
You dont need sealed enclosures to sound nice. Im just doing it because i like to modify and i own a camry so replacement stuff is dirt cheap. Learn to tune a 2 way plus sub frontstage till your absolutely happy and then go play in the 3 way realm.

For midbass in the kicks. You have to vent it. Some just vent out of the bottom of the car or into the frame if it has one.
Everyone i have seen who has done it ends up with resonances all over the place. Look at Keephopealives's build. His was deadened top to bottom of his car and he still got 80-150 hz resonances from vented outside kicks. Using metal as an enclosure will always have issues. Even in my case.

You dont need sealed enclosures to sound nice. Im just doing it because i like to modify and i own a camry so replacement stuff is dirt cheap. Learn to tune a 2 way plus sub frontstage till your absolutely happy and then go play in the 3 way realm.
Yeah I was thinking about just buying the evil 6.5s and a wideband 3" and doing 2way active off of my headunit. I'm pretty satisfied with where I'm at now with Dayton 6.5s and CDT tweets on a Dayton 3500hz 2way passive crossover, so higher quality and active might just do it for me. I would like the music to be more alive with this system

Yeah I was thinking about just buying the evil 6.5s and a wideband 3" and doing 2way active off of my headunit. I'm pretty satisfied with where I'm at now with Dayton 6.5s and CDT tweets on a Dayton 3500hz 2way passive crossover, so higher quality and active might just do it for me. I would like the music to be more alive with this system
Its a never ending path. Get a calibrated mic and a c-dsp and enjoy tuning dor way too **** long

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Its a never ending path. Get a calibrated mic and a c-dsp and enjoy tuning dor way too **** long
Oh yeah I'm just starting on this path... as soon as PayPal takes my eBay sale payment off hold I'll be buying the c-dsp. That's why I figured I'd dive right into 3 way active. But it'll be awhile before I'll have time to fab my pillars so I might as well wait.

Oh yeah I'm just starting on this path... as soon as PayPal takes my eBay sale payment off hold I'll be buying the c-dsp. That's why I figured I'd dive right into 3 way active. But it'll be awhile before I'll have time to fab my pillars so I might as well wait.
Fab a basic midrange pod before you do pillars. Itll teach you alot

3d8f63f35e22e3043c0e2f5cd0e796e7.jpg

I mean 80prs and c-dsp leaves me with fantastic tuning potential. so yea, She sounds great. Actually whats funny is what is holding me back is my own ears. I dont know what frequencies the male voice is and such. You can know the fundamentals but harmonics makes everything a ***** to track down. My system, no matter what drivers or what tuning power i have had, has never been able to make male voices sound good, they are always hushed and quiet but females sound friggin amazing. I need to learn to tune based on actual knowledge of frequencies and what instruments make them.
34q73uv.png
Like this

Ill say this about fiberglass. Its easy to learn, ******* hard to master. Ive spent too much on fiberglass materials trying to make them look Nice and i have never succeeded. Yea ive built MANY enclosures but idk how to like finish them in order for them to look smooth and presentable. They are thick and work great, just look terrible. I have had plenty of help on forums but i just cant seem to pull it off. Maybe i dont have the tools or something. Im a visual and hands on learner so someone telling me doesnt help much. maybe i need to go to a boat repair shop and just ask them if they want free help for a few weeks :p

Also, For those wondering about speakers so deep. They are way behind the kicks and i have NO issues with frequency extension,stage height, or depth) I think my left midrange goes to like 6.6khz and drops rapidly after that(also where im crossed over at). I have noticed and heard from others that you're soundstage will never be deeper or wider than your car and this is id say 80% true. Its more like the Front of the stage will never be farther than your deepest driver(assuming its playing a majority of your frequencies). What i mean by front of the stage is imagine your listening to a live recording and any good live recording will have a depth to the stage. youll be able to tell the drummer is behind and to the right of the singer. Youll be able to tell if there is a crowd in the front of you(think of the crowd in the beginning of Ac/Dc Thunderstruck). Basically the most Forward(closest to you) sound will only be as deep as your closest driver. My drivers are as far back as i can get them, they are literally glassed to the firewall(and deadened to the nines).

Basically im saying. Keep your tweets up high and use Kicks as much as possible. I despise A pillar builds short of those with a very deep dash. The hard window reflection is just a Cunt to tune(read: nigh impossible). Thats why i have waveguides on my tweets. i have quite seriously a near flat response from them when tuning. Any A-pillar ive heard were super in your face.
did you DL and test CDs to help you tune? maybe i can give you some songs that have some common frequencies so you can ID any breakup/phase issues?

did you DL and test CDs to help you tune? maybe i can give you some songs that have some common frequencies so you can ID any breakup/phase issues?
Nah i just listen to music and adjust my 16 band accordingly. Basically ive learned what freq make what sounds from messing with my 16 band so much. If i cant make something sound right with the 16 band like too much harshness even with a 6db drop on 1.25khz. Ill go into the c-dsp and make changes accordingly.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.