Camry kicks and tweeter waveguide

Nah i just listen to music and adjust my 16 band accordingly. Basically ive learned what freq make what sounds from messing with my 16 band so much. If i cant make something sound right with the 16 band like too much harshness even with a 6db drop on 1.25khz. Ill go into the c-dsp and make changes accordingly.
Only on a very few songs i get Sibilance but its easy EQed out. its different from recording to recording. the harshness may very well be breakup..

[quote name='The Camry']Fab a basic midrange pod before you do pillars. Itll teach you alot
3d8f63f35e22e3043c0e2f5cd0e796e7.jpg

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]I like that idea. That looks pretty clean. @LosIsATool I'm just tired of wasting my money. I would like to try something like I saw on a website, this guy fabbed t lines for his 6.5s in the door. That's a good ways ahead of my knowledge though.

Think you're on the wrong thread...
no i was just saying that its a **** shame the pioneer doesn't do 24/196 being a SQ deck.

I wish the kenwood used the 3 24-bit DACs one per preamp like the x991 did with the xovers. DSPs **** now they come with cheesy controllers or need a CPU to adjust and have to DL. no real world adjustments except for the PR99S

no i was just saying that its a **** shame the pioneer doesn't do 24/196 being a SQ deck.
I wish the kenwood used the 3 24-bit DACs one per preamp like the x991 did with the xovers. DSPs **** now they come with cheesy controllers or need a CPU to adjust and have to DL. no real world adjustments except for the PR99S
This is true. As for break up. That'd be something i should be able to see in the distortion graph yes?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

This is true. As for break up. That'd be something i should be able to see in the distortion graph yes?
its odd order and yes you should. 9 out of ten its breakup or reflection occurring.

my 4800 has a **** signal to noise ration and its NOISY. i know fore a fact the prs80 sounds a hell of alot better but i can't justify spending another 350 when i kow i won't be satisfied until i get the 99. so that is next on the list. not to mention i'm going to have filters on my grounding //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

its odd order and yes you should. 9 out of ten its breakup or reflection occurring.my 4800 has a **** signal to noise ration and its NOISY. i know fore a fact the prs80 sounds a hell of alot better but i can't justify spending another 350 when i kow i won't be satisfied until i get the 99. so that is next on the list. not to mention i'm going to have filters on my grounding //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I see the 80prs for like 200$ all the tine

I see the 80prs for like 200$ all the tine
Yea? that what makes me squirm. good components don't come cheap. i haven't been impressed with pioneer is 10 years and i went for it and im let down again. i promised myself no more pioneer unless its a high res unit..

Yea? that what makes me squirm. good components don't come cheap. i haven't been impressed with pioneer is 10 years and i went for it and im let down again. i promised myself no more pioneer unless its a high res unit..
The 80prs is worth rvery **** penny

its odd order and yes you should. 9 out of ten its breakup or reflection occurring.my 4800 has a **** signal to noise ration and its NOISY. i know fore a fact the prs80 sounds a hell of alot better but i can't justify spending another 350 when i kow i won't be satisfied until i get the 99. so that is next on the list. not to mention i'm going to have filters on my grounding //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I got my 80 prs for 120 shipped

Couldn't pay me to run a Pioneer deck. I'm happy you're one of the people it works well for.
Cool thread.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Thanks! Ive seen a trend on Diyma with people bypassing headunits all together and using phones/tablets as sources. Usually mobile device-otg cable- usb Dac/spdif converter- dsp. Newer cars with fully integrated infotainment systems makes aftermarket head units just a huge issue. Autotune is dang near around the corner with the power of IIR/FIR. Dirac Live with DDRC24 is the closest ive seen in the mobile environment but still requires a fairly well tuned system with no more than a 10db difference between left and right, decently done pre- T/a, and of course proper install of gear/drivers.

I know your a big alpine fan and im fairly certain the imprint had some FIR power. Ive never used it but its something ive heard. Maybe thats why your a big fan //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Couldn't pay me to run a Pioneer deck. I'm happy you're one of the people it works well for.
Cool thread.

Thinking of swapping out my 80prs in my other vehicle to an Alpine CDE-164bt just for the parametric EQ. You think it's worth the switch or is it more or less a lateral move? I don't plan on expanding to external DSP. I'm not sure about the new alpines so I wanted your opinion. From what I hear, alpine's new headunits seem to have very flimsy buttons but so is my 80prs.

I'm actually not a huge fan of the new alpine decks either. They are okay but not as featured as decks of old. I like having a 9 band parametric EQ and the crossover adjustments in a new head unit are good. I like that an app can allow tuning a justments with better graphics. And I prefer sub-level being one button press away, all of which you get with alpine.

I readily admit that Pioneer has done a good job of keeping tuning features available in their head units I'm just not impressed with their build quality and their issues. I've been helping people in the forums for years and all too often problem center around having a Pioneer head unit. And within those top units they still use the cheapest components they can get away with to hit a price point. I also don't like their menu structure and how features are accessed.

I've also always ran and external DSP and have been very happy with Alpine integration between head unit and DSP.

I understand why people use pioneer head units and I don't knock them for doing so it's just not my preference.

Thinking of swapping out my 80prs in my other vehicle to an Alpine CDE-164bt just for the parametric EQ. You think it's worth the switch or is it more or less a lateral move? I don't plan on expanding to external DSP. I'm not sure about the new alpines so I wanted your opinion. From what I hear, alpine's new headunits seem to have very flimsy buttons but so is my 80prs.
And what exactly is wrong with expanding to an external dsp? The C-dsp is for the money the best around and it has 6 bands of parametric per channel. so 96 bands all together.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.