Building a new box 3 12" sundown audio sa's

Bldnasty

CarAudio.com Newbie
I just bought a 3rd 12" sa sundown to add to my system. I bought a box on line for 3 12's. I should of known better but did anyway and yep it *****. the whole box is just garbage. Its like 3 separate boxes and just carpeted together. So I am just gonna take my time and build my own just not sure what i want to build. prob. just a ported box. Its hard to find any dimension for 3 hole box. If anyone could help me design it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Fellow Bass head.
The list:

Vehicle : is a Nissan nv200

Location in the vehicle: rear of van

Space available (Length x Width x Height): 4' x 4' x 14"

Subwoofer make and model: sundown SA

Subwoofer Size:12"

Number of Subwoofers: 3

Type of Port (Kerfed, Slot, Aero, etc.): open

What type of music do you like?: hip hop, bass music

Is your goal SPL or Everyday Music?:both

Tuning Freq (Hz): 35

amp is a american bass 2500hd

Last edited:
Ebay look uo sundownaudio ported 2
5 cu ft box ull find 1 for 289$ well worth it!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200313-020703_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200313-020703_Chrome.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 160
That amp isn't big enough for three of them. Look at a Taramps MD5k. And make sure that your electrical is in order. Minimum 2 batteries, 1/0 big three, and a H/O alternator. The amp will give you the headroom you need, so, you don't have to run the amp gain so high.

Don’t buy a box off eBay. Have it built. And with 3 subwoofers, which im guess they are dual 4 ohm subwoofers, would wire to about 3 ohms in series or about .5ohm in parallel. So either you will be seeing less power by adding a subwoofer or you will damage that amp in due time. Your gonna have to get another subwoofer and amp (my choice) or ditch that new subwoofer and go with 2 subwoofers and the amp you have or just get another amp if you want to run 3 subwoofers. And them subwoofers want about 1500 rms a piece.

Last edited:
I just bought a 3rd 12" sa sundown to add to my system. I bought a box on line for 3 12's. I should of known better but did anyway and yep it *****. the whole box is just garbage. Its like 3 separate boxes and just carpeted together. So I am just gonna take my time and build my own just not sure what i want to build. prob. just a ported box. Its hard to find any dimension for 3 hole box. If anyone could help me design it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Fellow Bass head.
The list:

Vehicle : is a Nissan nv200

Location in the vehicle: rear of van

Space available (Length x Width x Height): 4' x 4' x 14"

Subwoofer make and model: sundown SA

Subwoofer Size:12"

Number of Subwoofers: 3

Type of Port (Kerfed, Slot, Aero, etc.): open

What type of music do you like?: hip hop, bass music

Is your goal SPL or Everyday Music?:both

Tuning Freq (Hz): 35

amp is a american bass 2500hd
Are theyb12s 15s? N what kind ofnsd audio r they aka rms forneach sub?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.