Box for single Alpine SWR 1043D

Participant count
  • Participant list

Desol8

Hey all,

I just got into the Subwoofer department with a single Alpine SWR 1043D running on an Alpine M500/1. I just ran all the wiring in my car and I'm waiting to build my box.

Here is where I needed a little advice. I want to tune the box to 32-34hz to get a good range of benefits from the 10". My thought is that the 10" is ideal for rock/metal where a slotted box tuned to a semi-lower frequency would be good for dance/techno. Kind of getting the best for both worlds. Opposite ends of the spectrum right?

I also attached a picture of the dimensions i used from the RE L-Ported Speaker Box Calculator

View attachment 26523162

The recommendation for the sub is 1'-1.5' ported. The net volume before the sub displacement (but after the port displacement it looks like on the calculator) is 1.181ft^3 and the frequency is 32.2317hz. I'm assuming that after the displacement of the sub (.08ft^3) the volume should come down to about 1.1ft^3 and the frequency will increase a little bit.

Thoughts or recommendations?

Thanks you!

best i can tell ur pretty close(re calculator isnt supposedly accurate). u might be tuned a little higher, but should still be under 34hz after sub is in

are u limited to those dimensions?

No real dimensional limits (within reason). Another thing I was going off is that the Manual from Alpine suggests those dimensions for a vented box. I've just been changing the slot width and length to get the desired tuning. If the calculator is under-tuning, should I shoot adding an extra inch or two to the slot length to bring it back down?

its hard for me anyways, because it seems none of the calculators add up correctly, such as use the re calculator and design the box just like a box on JL's website, it dont add up. use a box from any website, it dont add up. try a different calculator, it dont add up as well.

what u have works, and u might be able to tweak it to have the lower tuning ur wanting. but there are free designs out there as well that u could look at. problem with them though, they are generally really wide.

here is a 1.14 box tuned to 32hz, but its 30" wide, 11" depth, 12" high

X series cut sheets! - SSA Car Audio Forum

here is a 1.25 @32hz its 28.5", wide 13.5" depth, 12.5" height

here are some more, a 1.1 and 1.25 different designs, will have different dimensions, though these are harder to build unless u have done 45s before

DOWNLOADS & TECH

maybe u can compare them in the RE calculator and figure out oh hey its only off by 1 in the tuning, so ill just do this mod to my box design and it should be 32hz tuning

this is what RAM uses to calculate vent length, its pretty close. winisd measures spot on with JL's boxes and their vent length, while the car stereo one is pretty close PORT Size Calculations and Formulas for WOOFER and Subwoofer BOXES
I actually started using the12volt calc since the carstereo one was the shorter of the three that I'd check with. WinISD and the12volt are pretty close. I'd rather have a slightly longer vent and tune a hair lower than have the opposite happen.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.