mini-truck bts boxes......

Participant count
  • Participant list

akheathen
Premium Member

trianoacitol contraceptiv
just curious what everyone has had the most success with on behind-the-seat setups. i'm going to be throwing a system in a 98 s-10 and want to try something new. i want to keep the jack box in there. it's not for my mini, but my cousin. i was thinking about firing a port on the passenger side, built above the jack box, and using the rest of the space...... she is not going to be down for going crazy on the box and sacrificing anything but leg room, but i don't like sealed bts boxes, and want to see how efficient i can get it (but have good sound range)

you will probably run into mounting depth problems when going with normal subs, even a sa-8, you may look into a pair of e-8s from sundown, they have quite a bit shorter mounting depth dont need the room or power that the sa-8 does.

I did some 6" subs in a ranger not to long ago. Did 3 firing down and it sounded amazing for what it was.

If you want to go standard, depending on leg room I would suggest a single 8 or 10(they will fit with minimal leg room lost) then port to the side.

i dug out my stack of plates when i was home last week (i have them specifically for relieving the back of a truck box) and she is short. i was thinking a single-10, or dual 8's firing in the center, or should i keep it to the drivers side? also, think i should go with 14^2/cu port area, or a different ratio? also, i'm looking around for budget subs for this, so it might just be whatever someone offers and will work well. thanks for the replies

oh, bump. getting ready to put a powerbass pbx- 10 in there tonight...... i just can't find the t/s parameters for the life of me, so i can only go off my best guesstimate and hope it has decent sq roll. 1'cu @ 33.5

so, after a bit of garage space bugeting, i finally got it done sun. night....... really impressed with myself..... not used to tootin my own horn, but TOOOT

lol, got i back out, coated the port/ back/bottom and lettering the box right now, just waiting on the contact cement to dry.

WP_000179.jpg

WP_000178.jpg

WP_000174.jpg

1.2cu@34hz and excellent flat response. good db gain sealed cabbin. just what i was going for

thank you. truth be told, i've had problems in the past with getting the db gain cabin closed with bts mini-truck enclosures. having another 1-2" to work with helps, too..... well, final tack coat ready... time to start laying vinyl..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.