Blew a fuse..i want to know why

Participant count
  • Participant list

bmoney9
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Bay Area
So last night was coming home from a friends house. Playing the music normal, I didn't think I had it up too high. Anyways, playing a song, next thing I know substage is completely off. I get out the car check all the wiring, its all the way I left it. So I drove home and inspected and figured out I blew a 30 amp fuse on the ground distribution block. I thought if anything I would have blown a fuse on the power distribution block. Did I blow the fuse on the ground side because its a small fuse and it should just be grounded with no fuse?

The reason it has a fuse is because the knukoncept distribution blocks have fuses. Normally I wouldn't have any fuses for ground. That is why I am a little bit confused.

knu makes a gnd block w/o fuses //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

i know this, because i have one... and its on their website.

edit: how big is the fuse on the power side?

i never really heard of any one using a fues for your grounds. i would think where pulling to much amps and u need to bump up your fuse size. i had a 100fuse under my hood in the past and i would blow it cuz i was pulling to much. a simple fix was to upgrade the fuse size.

knu makes a gnd block w/o fuses //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
for the 20.00 or so get that and call it aday. if your fuse under your hood is good just get the block with out a fuse.

ive never used a distro on my grounds //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif but thats just me. you dont need the fuse on the ground as long as you have one on the power. id either match the fuse or go bigger on the ground.

ive never used a distro on my grounds //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif but thats just me. you dont need the fuse on the ground as long as you have one on the power. id either match the fuse or go bigger on the ground.
me either. my rear battery serves as a distro point. and get rid of the fuses on the gnd side. sell that **** and get a ground block

edit: how big is the fuse on the power side?
300 amp, im just goin to take out my fuse block and replace it with a nonfused distro..lol problem solved

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.