Fuse blew. Need to find the correct fuse to use

The amp requires a 180amp outboard fuse. You need 0awg with a 180 amp fuse at the battery. If you fuse 4awg at 180amps you risk a wire fire as the fuse will pass more current than the wire can handle.
I won’t be using that 800W kicker amp. I have a CT Sounds 1400W I’m going to install. I already purchased 0 gauge wire. Just need to find what fuse size now

I think it's only one amp, and OP wants to replace the one amp. (This is if its only one amp).

That ct sounds amp has a 180amp fuse. (its also 1800w at 14.4v. 1400w is at 13.2, but that's not what your voltage is when running).

That red wire says 4ga on it. 4gauge / 4awg. That is too small for that new amp.

For the CT amp, you need to replace the power and ground wire with 1/0 OFC cables, and you can fuse near the battery at 180 amps. If the power cable is less than 15 feet, you could also use a 200amp fuse near the battery if that is your only option, (180 is better though). (If it's longer than 15ft you might be able to go higher, but we would be getting into a gray area where we would need more info).
I think it's only one amp, and OP wants to replace the one amp. (This is if its only one amp).

That ct sounds amp has a 180amp fuse. (its also 1800w at 14.4v. 1400w is at 13.2, but that's not what your voltage is when running).

That red wire says 4ga on it. 4gauge / 4awg. That is too small for that new amp.

For the CT amp, you need to replace the power and ground wire with 1/0 OFC cables, and you can fuse near the battery at 180 amps. If the power cable is less than 15 feet, you could also use a 200amp fuse near the battery if that is your only option, (180 is better though). (If it's longer than 15ft you might be able to go higher, but we would be getting into a gray area where we would need more info).
So I took it to my local car stereo shop and they’re trying to charge me $380 to replace my 4G power and ground to 0G, bass control knob, and to put the new amp in. Feel like they’re playing me, I was charged $200 to put everything in last time I came in which was a fair price because they provide the wiring. Is 380 a ridiculous price or should I pay it

So I took it to my local car stereo shop and they’re trying to charge me $380 to replace my 4G power and ground to 0G, bass control knob, and to put the new amp in. Feel like they’re playing me, I was charged $200 to put everything in last time I came in which was a fair price because they provide the wiring. Is 380 a ridiculous price or should I pay it
It is a ridiculous price to me, but if you can't do it, then what other option do you have? (IMO stereo stuff, falls right in line with HVAC, plumbing, and electrical. There's a ton you COULD learn, but 95% of people could learn everything they would need to know in a couple of hours tops. Since most people don't know A FEW simple things or how little there really is for the basics, the professionals can charge A LOT more than they should be able to).

You would:
* measure those cables you have and buy the same length or a little longer in 0awg (if that's where you want the new amp to be),
* add a lug to the cables at the battery end, and find a way to make it fit to your battery,
* Run the power cable where you have it now, & add an inline fuse near or on the batt,
* Run your ground cable from amp to "ends at chassis" secured with a lug.
* On the amp, install: new power, ground, and swap remote and speaker wires at amp,
* securely mount the amp,
* set the gain, and
* route your amp's new remote knob to where you want it, and mount it.

It's probably 30 minutes to an hour worth of work, probably $40-$50 for cable and lugs, and a $20-$50 crimping tool. I WOULD THINK anyone that didn't have a clue could just watch a few youtube videos, replace what you take out, and figure it out in a couple hours.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...