I think my amp blew

Sinner13

CarAudio.com Recruit
Nj
Just moved my 500w alpine v power amp from my g35 to my g20 and after about an hour it just cut out. If I restart everything it will play for a few seconds than cut out again. The power light is on and solid, there's no other lights on it. It was warm to touch but cooler than my JL 300/4. All connections are good nothing loose. Don't think it could be the subwoofer but will check impedance just in case before anything.
Anything else I should check? I think it's done.
Did find this JBL 600w on sale for half off
Are these any good or should I buy a used alpine off eBay?
Open to any and all suggestions
Fyi it's hooked up to some cheap pioneer sub I'll get model numbers for u guys later.
Thanks

Those Alpines are pretty much Diehard amplifiers. Could be the sub.. Maybe a wire is loose inside the Enclosure on the sub wiring?Possibility? Whats the Model # of the AlpineV? And the Sub?

Just moved my 500w alpine v power amp from my g35 to my g20 and after about an hour it just cut out. If I restart everything it will play for a few seconds than cut out again. The power light is on and solid, there's no other lights on it. It was warm to touch but cooler than my JL 300/4. All connections are good nothing loose. Don't think it could be the subwoofer but will check impedance just in case before anything.
Anything else I should check? I think it's done.
Did find this JBL 600w on sale for half off
Are these any good or should I buy a used alpine off eBay?
Open to any and all suggestions
Fyi it's hooked up to some cheap pioneer sub I'll get model numbers for u guys later.
Thanks

Was the amp working fine in the G35?

So I'm actually thinking it's the sub now it's a pioneer ts-1200 4ohm and with the multi meter it's reading 1.6 ohms and my amp is rated to only 2 ohms.
2ohms is way too low for a 4 ohm sub right?
And would my amp be cutting bc the ohms are too low?

So I'm actually thinking it's the sub now it's a pioneer ts-1200 4ohm and with the multi meter it's reading 1.6 ohms and my amp is rated to only 2 ohms.
2ohms is way too low for a 4 ohm sub right?
And would my amp be cutting bc the ohms are too low?
I was going to mention the 2ohm rating. I had an Alpine MRX-M100 that was 2ohm and I got it down to 1ohm and she shut off. The specs show it can run at 1ohm but at half the 2ohm rating. Yours may be the same. Yeah, that sub sounds suspect.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...