Fuse blew. Need to find the correct fuse to use

Afandi55k

CarAudio.com Newbie
So I have a 800 watt amp and dual 10 subs and I want to change the amp to CT Sounds 1400 watt mono amp. My fuse blew so I wanted to change the amp as well as the fuse. Can anyone help me find which fuse I need to use that connected near the cars battery ? I am not sure which gauge of wire is used, but just by looking at it I believe it is 0 gauge ? It’s the most common size, the car was already wired from previous owner. Can anyone here help me find the right fuse to use ? Any help/recommendations would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0894.jpeg
    IMG_0894.jpeg
    624 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0895.jpeg
    IMG_0895.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0896.jpeg
    IMG_0896.jpeg
    944 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0897.jpeg
    IMG_0897.jpeg
    712.5 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Anl is common for larger wire. There are a lot of different types of fuses.
Hold the fuse in your hand and google audio fuses. You’ll find it or maybe decide to get the right one if the one you have isn’t ideal for your setup. Chances are you’ll want to go up in amperage if the other one blew. Disconnect your battery too whilst you’re working on the electrical stuff.

So I have a 800 watt amp and dual 10 subs and I went to change the amp to CT Sounds 1400 watt mono amp. My fuse blew so I wanted to change the amp as well as the fuse. Can anyone help me find which fuse I need to use that connected near the cars battery ? I am not sure which gauge of wire is used, but just by looking at it I believe it is 0 gauge ? It’s the most common size, the car was already wired from previous owner. Can anyone here help me find the right fuse to use ? Any help/recommendations would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks
You really need to know the gauge of the wire. If you fuse for 0 gauge and it's really 4 awg, you risk a serious wire fire. Also dose the amp have it's own fuse?

Hard to Guess.A pic of the wiring 2 the battery and @ the amplifier connection will help.
I should have posted them to begin with. I uploaded them, so that amp in the pic is my old one. I want to install this amp here

but need to know which fuse size to use and if I need to replace the wiring or not.

You really need to know the gauge of the wire. If you fuse for 0 gauge and it's really 4 awg, you risk a serious wire fire. Also dose the amp have it's own fuse?
I am not sure if the amp has its own fuse, this is the amp I want to replace my old one with. Here’s the link.

The amp requires a 180amp outboard fuse. You need 0awg with a 180 amp fuse at the battery. If you fuse 4awg at 180amps you risk a wire fire as the fuse will pass more current than the wire can handle.

One of my amps recommends 100 A and the other 60 A so I fuse for 160 A near the battery. Then at the power distribution block you fuse each amp separately so 100 A and 60 A.

One of my amps recommends 100 A and the other 60 A so I fuse for 160 A near the battery. Then at the power distribution block you fuse each amp separately so 100 A and 60 A.
Fuse the wire near the battery based on its carrying capacity to protect the wire from failure...then the correct sized fuse to each amp

I think it's only one amp, and OP wants to replace the one amp. (This is if its only one amp).

That ct sounds amp has a 180amp fuse. (its also 1800w at 14.4v. 1400w is at 13.2, but that's not what your voltage is when running).

That red wire says 4ga on it. 4gauge / 4awg. That is too small for that new amp.

For the CT amp, you need to replace the power and ground wire with 1/0 OFC cables, and you can fuse near the battery at 180 amps. If the power cable is less than 15 feet, you could also use a 200amp fuse near the battery if that is your only option, (180 is better though). (If it's longer than 15ft you might be able to go higher, but we would be getting into a gray area where we would need more info).

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...