I think my amp blew

Unless it was a distorted signal going to the sub (like setting the gain too high or pumping up the bass boost to compensate for lack of power) I haven't seen a sub fry a coil on too little power

Unless it was a distorted signal going to the sub (like setting the gain too high to compensate for lack of power) I haven't seen a sub fry a coil on too little power
Yeah, a clipped signal on too little power can easily fry a coil. Clipped means that speaker is pausing at the top and bottom of the stroke while power is still going through the coil... burn a thin wire right up or burn through the coating bonding more than one wire together... dropping the ohm load, frying an amp.

So I'm actually thinking it's the sub now it's a pioneer ts-1200 4ohm and with the multi meter it's reading 1.6 ohms and my amp is rated to only 2 ohms.
2ohms is way too low for a 4 ohm sub right?
And would my amp be cutting bc the ohms are too low?
Sub woofer is Toast. Look at getting a DVC4 ohm sub 400-800RMS and wire it to 2 ohms on the amplifier.There are quite a few Sales going on that you should be able to find a great deal. May even look at Audio Legion for a cheap fill for now until you want to save for better subs?

On Sale can be used sealed or ported

These ain't bad if youre looking for a budget replacement ...I'm running 2 right now and I'm pretty impressed for what they are...

Ya had the gain all the way up and sw channel on amp all the way up 10 outta 10
Didn't hear any clipping but it was a 60$ sub from Walmart lol.
Setup came out of a car my sister bought with a alpine type e that was blown

Ya had the gain all the way up and sw channel on amp all the way up 10 outta 10
Didn't hear any clipping but it was a 60$ sub from Walmart lol.
Setup came out of a car my sister bought with a alpine type e that was blown
LOL.. That might do it man.. Tune a bit on the next sub and save some funds on some really nice heavy hitter sub at a later time. At least get a substage going. Gots have some bass

These subs get down for the money. They will actuallytake a little more than rated. I have a 10 DVC4 that I play around with testing ect in 1.4 at approx 33-34htz. cant actually remember the tuning on the enclosure, but takes an easy 800 rms clean @2ohms and hits pretty good for a 10
This enclosure.. Tuned to 33Htz. Works just fine for my older XFL 10 also

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...