Are American Bass XFL15s worth it?

Id really like to do something like this. I laser cut and engraved a Panel for LEDs, and i sketched an idea what id like it to look like. Im probably not going to be able to a 4th order because i only have around 10 cubes total in the trunk.

how much trunk space do you have? don't try to shove 2 15s when you can only fit 2 12s appropriately.. make sure you have space for hte woofers to properly pressurize the cabin..

the XFLs have way to high a MMS.. not sure what they get from those inefficient designs. I could see if you had a 80mm coil with a superthick SPL cone but 311 grams is pretty high for 19mm xmax and 1k RMS.. each to his own.. shrugs

Right now, the dimensions of free space are 38 Width, 41.5 Length, and 18.5 Height. Id end up having to take out some of the carpet and spare tire room in the back to add more usable space.

can you get that box in the trunk? if you want to build two individual boxes and put them in that's cool but be far-warned that stuffing boxes/box in the trunk will hurt output..

Id try to keep height low as possible and face the woofers back and ports back.

I actually came up with a compact 4th order design that will fit. 10.35 Cubes in the ported chamber, 2.19 cubes in the sealed. Port tuned to 34 Hz and its 8x12x13.88" . But i might try to even out the ratio a bit because it is a really peaky box at 34Hz. EDIT: The top is really sealed off, but a made it simpler to see the chamber.

I actually came up with a compact 4th order design that will fit. 10.35 Cubes in the ported chamber, 2.19 cubes in the sealed. Port tuned to 34 Hz and its 8x12x13.88" . But i might try to even out the ratio a bit because it is a really peaky box at 34Hz. EDIT: The top is really sealed off, but a made it simpler to see the chamber.
I dont think you know how to design a proper 4th order if you are tuning at 34hz man. That design is all out of whack.

i wouldnt do that configuration. your better off with 3 12s facing rearward with a port facing rearward. i had 2 shocker II 15s in the trunk of a Saturn in a similar configuration and i wish i wouldn't have wasted my time. acoustics is much more complicated than just getting the right amount of air space port area and tuning..

i wouldnt do that configuration. your better off with 3 12s facing rearward with a port facing rearward. i had 2 shocker II 15s in the trunk of a Saturn in a similar configuration and i wish i wouldn't have wasted my time. acoustics is much more complicated than just getting the right amount of air space port area and tuning..
Had a pair of those 15's sealed in a maxima trunk 14 years ago lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.