Are American Bass XFL15s worth it?

man i bought 2 xfls a few year ago. only 12's runnin at 1 ohm on maybe 750 watts each. threw them into a crappt out of spec box for the time being until i had a buddy make me one. and let me tell you. just 2 12's will rattle the **** out of your car. 15's on proper power and the right box running on 1 ohm will slam so hard for the $. a lot of people talk down about ab. but there are some pretty decent lines from that company.

Gonna be hard to get volume needed for a 4th. I'd stick to standard ported, its going to be plenty loud
I actually designed a 4th order for them, and the overall box was 4 foot wide, 4 foot long, and had a 5 inch port. It was tuned for 35 Hz, but after i went and did some measuring in my trunk, i can only do 3 foot by 3 foot, and 18 inches tall. So back to the drawing board i go. Id really like a 4th order if i can do it right since it should have better SPL and output if done properly.

Coming from someone who has ran multiple subs, I wasn't a huge fan of the XFLs. Poor quality soft parts and coils, poor quality control, issues with shifted motors, and mismatch parts are very common issues. They work good when they work, but you've got a large chance to get a bad one. They're also pretty low on motor force and super stiff so they aren't very efficient. Most people like them because you can throw a lot of power at a cheap sub... that doesn't always make it good. Efficiency is king in car audio.

[quote name='skaterboyjt97']I actually designed a 4th order for them, and the overall box was 4 foot wide, 4 foot long, and had a 5 inch port. It was tuned for 35 Hz, but after i went and did some measuring in my trunk, i can only do 3 foot by 3 foot, and 18 inches tall. So back to the drawing board i go. Id really like a 4th order if i can do it right since it should have better SPL and output if done properly.[/QUOTE]

Got 2 1544's in a tline @28Hz with port extension. Plays from 18-70hz and is loud af. Bout to jump from an xtr2200 to an fsd3800 next week and see what kind of numbers I can put up.

a lot of people talk down about ab. but there are some pretty decent lines from that company.
I don't see too much hate for american bass
Almost all there subs are budget subs priced under 200 dollars and they get good reviews/praise

For under 200 they offer alot of good options (much much better options than the popular store brands)

[quote name='CSCStang']Got 2 1544's in a tline @28Hz with port extension. Plays from 18-70hz and is loud af. Bout to jump from an xtr2200 to an fsd3800 next week and see what kind of numbers I can put up.[/QUOTE]
Whats the specs on the box? Size and all? And whats the difference sound wise between a Tline and a ported box? Isnt it just SQ?

what is your budget? the american bass stuff is decent for sure but its Chinese stuff. a similar american built woofer that would work well of about 1500 would be

Chaos 12 Ascendant Audio 12" 1000W Chaos Series Subwoofer - SSA STORE

i know they are 300 but they are *******. 2 12s ported off that amp will take your head off. Id bet they be close to the XFL 15s in output..

GCON-12 Sound Solutions Audio 12" 750W GCON Series Subwoofer - SSA STORE

these are sweet for he 250 and are american made!

what is your budget? the american bass stuff is decent for sure but its Chinese stuff. a similar american built woofer that would work well of about 1500 would be Chaos 12 Ascendant Audio 12" 1000W Chaos Series Subwoofer - SSA STORE

i know they are 300 but they are *******. 2 12s ported off that amp will take your head off. Id bet they be close to the XFL 15s in output..

GCON-12 Sound Solutions Audio 12" 750W GCON Series Subwoofer - SSA STORE

these are sweet for he 250 and are american made!
Appreciate the input, but im pretty set on getting the American Bass, I have some friends that have them and ive heard nothing but good things about them, im just really on to box designs now, Id really like to do a 4th but i might end up having to do a ported since i wont have enough room in my trunk. My trunk space is 38" W 41.5" L and 18.5" H

Whats the specs on the box? Size and all? And whats the difference sound wise between a Tline and a ported box? Isnt it just SQ?
60x24.5x23.75. Difference is output and bandwidth. This box plays from 18-80+hz. It's definitely SQ as well as SPL.

67b3721e34ffd713b462145fffbb1576.jpg
2fd88e332ce561b2ff6c0cdfbe709ace.jpg
6bfc99c15d5dc5764ea6e85b7b8da192.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

T lines are generally loud all around. CSCstang's setup is extremely tight and punchy, double bass pedals are wicked in his box. Most ported cannot hope to play that region cleanly without sacrificing a lot of low end with the ported box size and tuning. However his is loud and clean all across the frequency down low and up top along with moving great amount of air.

60x24.5x23.75. Difference is output and bandwidth. This box plays from 18-80+hz. It's definitely SQ as well as SPL.
67b3721e34ffd713b462145fffbb1576.jpg
2fd88e332ce561b2ff6c0cdfbe709ace.jpg
6bfc99c15d5dc5764ea6e85b7b8da192.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
That is absolutely beautiful Lol. Im trying to come up with a design for SPL in the dimensions i stated above^. I plan on taking up my entire trunk and running the port through a hole between the seats.

That is absolutely beautiful Lol. Im trying to come up with a design for SPL in the dimensions i stated above^. I plan on taking up my entire trunk and running the port through a hole between the seats.
Thanks man. Forgot to add that it's 247 sqin of port with 121" port length for 28hz.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.