Alex's Silverado

Looks awesome man! I really like the wheel choice and and color. Seriously looks like a show truck now. Just get a nice exhaust tip put on and she'll be a dime piece //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks awesome man! I really like the wheel choice and and color. Seriously looks like a show truck now. Just get a nice exhaust tip put on and she'll be a dime piece //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks! Yeah, I love the look.

I'm taking the side bars off and doing side-pipes for the exhaust. It's going straight headers to side pipes without a muffler or cat.

I'm plating the side pipes black, plasti-dipping the chrome on the front bumper, and then plasti-dipping the chrome strip down the side.

Then, I'm doing 5% on the front windows and the whole truck will be blacked out except for the windshield, lol

Driving out to the farm on gravel roads, my rims got sooooo dusty! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

ResizedImage_1472863514467_zpsxphewhiy.jpg

The chickens and turkeys had to check out the new rims, lol

ResizedImage_1472863528629_zpsliwtx5f9.jpg

I got my center caps painted. In this picture, the rims are still dirty though

IMG_20160902_151520_021_zpseal15ilv.jpg

I got my US 390 installed, and now my dash says "charging system failure"

ResizedImage_1472863558422_zpshp0d7iev.jpg

I'm going to have to give them a call on Tuesday. The last time I got that message, it was because I was running two HO alts without the factory harness connected (so the computer didn't sense the alternators).

After a certain amount of starts, the computer governs your RPM to 1.5k until you get it replaced. I don't want to be stranded somewhere with a top speed of 30mph

After a certain amount of starts, the computer governs your RPM to 1.5k until you get it replaced. I don't want to be stranded somewhere with a top speed of 30mph
thats disappointing i knew chevy did some weird **** to the nbs around 06-07 but that sounds just... bad

also you can ignore this next part if you want

but i dont like wheels like that on trucks too cali or showy for me. better than stock at least

thats disappointing i knew chevy did some weird **** to the nbs around 06-07 but that sounds just... bad
also you can ignore this next part if you want

but i dont like wheels like that on trucks too cali or showy for me. better than stock at least
Yeah, I don't like that feature either. The last time it happened, I was on lunch break during high school and was late to class because of it. They designed it that way so you have to go get minor problems serviced and can't just ignore them. It'll say "reduced engine power" on the cluster and not go over 1500 rpm after about a week of starts

I like them, and that's what matters to me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

A friend of mine has had the reduced engine power problem on his 2010 Malibu a few times after installing everything into his car. I don't remember what the problem was, but I think the dealership fixed it a while back.

A friend of mine has had the reduced engine power problem on his 2010 Malibu a few times after installing everything into his car. I don't remember what the problem was, but I think the dealership fixed it a while back.
For me, it did it when I was running dual alternators not connected to the stock plug. Not using the stock plug caused the computer to think the alternator was bad. To fix it last time, I just put the stock alternator back on and got a quad bracket so I could fit more high output alternators. I'm using the stock plug on the 390, so I'm wondering why it's causing a problem with the computer. I'd rather call US Alternators first, before I take it to a dealership.

If you see your friend again soon, can you ask him what the problem was and what the dealership did though? I'd appreciate it

I might have gone a little bit smaller rim size but they definitely look sick on the truck
Yeah, I wasn't expecting them to be this big. They looked smaller online on the truck pictured

Nice looking birds. How many of those turkeys do you have? They look a little farther along than mine, the toms will have to be cut in half to fit in the oven by Thanksgiving if they are BBWs.

There are five. Three of them are toms. One of the toms is wayyy bigger than the rest of the birds. There's also a really small one that's brown. It's the same size as the hens.

The rooster is mean, so I mess with it when I get the chance //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif If you stand tall, put out your arms, and walk towards it, it'll leave you alone. When people turn their backs from it or try to walk past it, it'll chase after them. It's jumped up and clawed me once, so now I make sure it knows I could eat it for dinner if I wanted to. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/chicken.gif.218ea7401db50d5e31a7e0b37e05e21e.gif

I plasti-dipped my grill and the chrome strip on my front bumper, along with the chrome strip on the door moldings

IMG_20160903_151320_779_zpsamnomu20.jpg

Then Gertrude got a bath for the first time this year //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

IMG_20160903_153825_805_zpsvqhiut61.jpg

Now that pretty much everything is blacked out, I'm going to smoke the front headlights slightly. Right now with the LED's and new projector headlights, they're super bright and I've had several people flash their brights at me while driving at night because of this. That being said, I can afford to smoke them a tad bit.

Then, I'm going to take the running boards off and put side pipes on it. I also ordered lambo door hinges for the front doors today //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

After those go on, I'm going to add the steel strips to the inside of the door panel, re-do my door pods, and finish cosmetic stuff in the interior.

Also, I need to fill out these applications I picked up. I'm burning through the spending money I had saved up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Truck looks nice with those rims and everything blacked out. Don't be a **** though, get the windshield tinted. I've also got the "CHARGING SYS FAILURE" notice on my 05 Tahoe. Happened about a year after running my Singer 300. I could not charge past 13.7 and could only get around 170 amps out of it. Had to swap back to stock and haven't sent it back to Mike to see what happened yet. Right away after swapping back to stock the error went away and I was charging normal once again.

Thanks, lol. I wish I could get the windshield tinted, but I'm already super-illegal //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

13.7 is "limp mode" that the regulator puts the alt in when the computer isn't sending it signal or something internally went wrong. That's how my Singer 370 was, so I got a new regulator put in it for $50 and that solved the problem.

Thanks, lol. I wish I could get the windshield tinted, but I'm already super-illegal //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif
13.7 is "limp mode" that the regulator puts the alt in when the computer isn't sending it signal or something internally went wrong. That's how my Singer 370 was, so I got a new regulator put in it for $50 and that solved the problem.
All the more reason to just say **** it and be more illegal lmfao.

Ya I'm not sure what happened with the alt it was working fine for a year or so then just took a ****. Oh well it gave me motivation to buy a triple bracket. Now I just need to quit slacking and send the 300 back to Mike and get another one built.

I love the new look with the wheels and the blackouts. please don't lambo door it. go watch season 2 of eastbound and down, and stop becoming that dude.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.