Alex's Silverado

It's a two-pin PCM controlled regulator. There is no "extra wire"
One pin sends signal to the pcm from the reg and the other wire sends signal to the reg from the pcm. They share a common ground through the alt case, so there is no third wire. Only two.

Yeah, this rooster is super mean. I'm hoping they get nice and fat by thanksgiving. They're corn fed, but also peck around and eat other stuff. They don't like you getting too close to them, but if you have food, they'll eat it right out of your hand.

The turkeys are pretty mellow, but I've seen the hens fight with each other //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

A tinted windshield would be sweet, but I drive at night a lot and like to see where I'm going //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Yeah, I was wondering how the hinges would hold up with the extra weight and vibration

Give those toms another month or so and they'll start doing battle with each other. Once their hormones kick in they'll get feisty. Mine like to follow me around. They love some corn and will do a lot of foraging if you let them free range. Mine last year pillaged my grapes too. I got the last laugh come Thanksgiving though.

People tint their windshield minus just like a 6 inch strip across the center in Florida. Pretty much anything goes on the roads there.

Give those toms another month or so and they'll start doing battle with each other. Once their hormones kick in they'll get feisty. Mine like to follow me around. They love some corn and will do a lot of foraging if you let them free range. Mine last year pillaged my grapes too. I got the last laugh come Thanksgiving though.
People tint their windshield minus just like a 6 inch strip across the center in Florida. Pretty much anything goes on the roads there.
They follow you around when their food tub is empty and they're hungry. Otherwise, they just roam around in a flock of chickens and turkeys, lol

I was planning to plasti-dip the 8" "brow" on the top portion of my windshield

They follow you around when their food tub is empty and they're hungry. Otherwise, they just roam around in a flock of chickens and turkeys, lol
I was planning to plasti-dip the 8" "brow" on the top portion of my windshield
My laying hens last year were beating up on the turkeys until they were well over 3 months old (when they finally realized they were literally 8X the size of the chickens and didn't need to be pushed around). Surprised all your birds get along and roam together.

Plasti dip on the windshield sounds pretty dangerous. Just super dark tint doesn't cut it?

My laying hens last year were beating up on the turkeys until they were well over 3 months old (when they finally realized they were literally 8X the size of the chickens and didn't need to be pushed around). Surprised all your birds get along and roam together.
Plasti dip on the windshield sounds pretty dangerous. Just super dark tint doesn't cut it?
They get along fine most of the time. Rarely, the Rooster will bully the hens and turkeys, but not often.

I've already got some extra plastidip. It's easier than tint and you can still see through a single coat of it. If it ends up not being good, I can rub it off with a sponge.

Idk, I'm not super concerned about the strip right now. I'm going to do the exhaust first

They get along fine most of the time. Rarely, the Rooster will bully the hens and turkeys, but not often.
I've already got some extra plastidip. It's easier than tint and you can still see through a single coat of it. If it ends up not being good, I can rub it off with a sponge.

Idk, I'm not super concerned about the strip right now. I'm going to do the exhaust first
Yep, dip is pretty handy for being cheap and easy to remove.

light tint, not like window tint afaik

the fuck will a cop care out of state? your point im guessing

Well, today was a shitty day for my truck. I get to Walmart, and my windows won't roll up using the driver's side switches.

I lean over and roll up the passenger window with the passenger switch. The plugs looked the same on the driver's side as the passenger side, so I tried using the passenger side switch on the driver's side. Bad idea, I fried the passenger side module. ****. So there I was stuck with the passenger window up and driver's side down. The local Chevy dealer was closed for labor day. No auto parts store had the modules. Couldn't find the pinout diagram for the door wiring anywhere online and my miltimeters are in another state.

I ordered the modules for both doors ($150 on ebay) before leaving campus.

So, I go to my uncle's house and get some nails and jumper wire. He helped me figure out the wiring and I got my driver's side window up. Since I figured out the wiring, I just messaged the sellers and asked them to cancel my orders. Hopefully they don't ship the items and I don't have to pay for return shipping.

When I do the lambo door hinges, I'm just going to not run the switch wires through the doors. I've got another idea //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

I took the driver's side module apart and found that the solder joints on the main internal plug rattled loose. If I can re-solder them and it tests good, I might sell it on ebay as refurbished for half price since I'm not going to be using it. Even used, those things are expensive!!

I really wish someone would have posted a wiring diagram online for full-size GM door clusters, because I'm sure I'm not the only one who has had one break for one reason or another. If anyone else has problems, I'll be sure to help them, because it was frustrating.

/rant

If u buy something on eBay u have 24hrs to cancel... It pisses me off when selling things because people bid and win then back out of paying.... But since your the buyer it's going to work out in your favor.. Go into your eBay account and there should be a button to cancel

Set off another car alarm yesterday when driving around //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Set off another car alarm yesterday when driving around //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
I remember when I was 18. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

I wouldn't recommend lambo, suicide, or gullwing doors in any audio vehicle. The weight of extra speakers in the doors as well as rattling from SPL will make the hinges fail. You really need something sturdier than stock, not something weaker like lambo doors.

I remember when I was 18. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
Lol, yes. It was strangely satisfying

I wouldn't recommend lambo, suicide, or gullwing doors in any audio vehicle. The weight of extra speakers in the doors as well as rattling from SPL will make the hinges fail. You really need something sturdier than stock, not something weaker like lambo doors.
Well, they're bolt on, so if it doesn't turn out good, I just bolt the original hinges back on and call it a day

GPS told me to take a "low maintenance" road today to get to a house where I was helping my uncle with a floor. More like "no maintenance" road //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

It was just grass!

I got going, and felt it bogging down. I didn't see how much water there was because the grass was so tall. Just kept going until I got stuck, looked out, and realized how much water there was //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

IMG_20160908_153857_671_zpsqm4nh15f.jpg

ResizedImage_1473382211186_zps3lhfhqxa.jpg

There was a good three inches of water //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif and my tires are not made for mudding....

I had to get out and push, and my uncle floored it out in 4-low. Got myself and my truck covered in mud, but luckily got out. We didn't have "low maintenance" roads in Illinois. It was deceptive, because it started out as gravel and slowly transitioned to grass and dirt (mud in this case)

Resized_20160908_155533_zpsvhszv9gk.jpg

IMG_20160908_191838_546_zpsarsw2esv.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.