Alex's Silverado

adulbrich
5,000+ posts

Olive oil un-virginer
Ames, Iowa
Ok, I'd like to keep this build log clean, unlike my last ones. I'll be doing things by the book and hopefully make everything pretty this time.

Don't post here to argue with me or share your two cents. I don't care what you have to say. Period.

If you absolutely have to tell me something, PM me. If you don't like what I'm doing, never open this thread again.

For those of you who don't know, my truck is a 2007 Silverado 1500 classic with the Z71 package. I'll be re-doing the decals soon

I just finished tearing down my old box today and got my wood for the next one:

IMG_20151107_150045_744%201_zpsspifa0tp.jpg

^That's what 50 8' 2x4's and two 4x8 sheets of birch plywood look like

Here are my mids and highs:

IMG_20151107_152030_867%201_zpsyivsjii4.jpg

There are only 4 mids, not 8. They're sitting by the mirror in my room because that area had the best lighting for a picture. Just wanted to clear that up before there were questions.

Mids are sundown neopro 8's. Will be doing two in each front door

Highs are Crescendo FT-1's. When I have more money, I may buy another pair so I can run 2 per door.

Mids/highs amp is an Ampere 125.4 that's a little dusty and has some red polyester fiberglass resin. I still need to clean it up before re-installing it.

Also have some Audio Technix deadener left for the passenger door. Already deadened the driver's side.

Most of you probably know what I'm doing for my substage and amp.

Three 21" Incriminator Warden v1's on an Ampere TFE 8.0. I’ve got one Warden and the TFE. The other two subs should get here next week! The pic doesn’t do justice. They’re massive.....

IMG_20151110_165648_215_zpslswjbfjg.jpg

Electrical is the same as my last build. I've got the stock alternator and battery running everything stock plus my mids/highs amp.

I have a dedicated 370 amp Singer hairpin alternator to charge my battery bank in the back, which consists of five Exide Edge group 49 AGM's. I’ll hopefully save up for another 370 amp hairpin by Christmas time.

Construction on my wall starts tomorrow because I’ve got the day off of school //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

My cat loves the Ampere box, haha

IMG_20151110_164422_699_zpsmsjkju2i.jpg

IMG_20151110_164430_795_zpsxbvhawq0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Full wall?
I wanna see step by step hoee no single shots

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk
Yes, full wall. I want to be proud of this one. Doing a plexiglass port so I can see out the back still though. It's going to be different.

single shots //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

^ this, and do everything slowly. im here to support you man make me jealous of your awesome work
Yeah, I'm going to try and take my time with this one. It's not like I'm getting laid any time soon anyways //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Yes, full wall. I want to be proud of this one. Doing a plexiglass port so I can see out the back still though. It's going to be different.
single shots //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Yeah, I'm going to try and take my time with this one. It's not like I'm getting laid any time soon anyways //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
Teen pregnancy will do that.

Definitely interested to see how this turns out. Are you going to be putting more emphasis on looks this time or will it be all about the noise? Legit question, not trying to bust your balls

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Teen pregnancy will do that.
Definitely interested to see how this turns out. Are you going to be putting more emphasis on looks this time or will it be all about the noise? Legit question, not trying to bust your balls

She's not pregnant, other stuff going on.

More emphasis on being pretty this time.

That being said, I'm going to hopefully build the side walls tomorrow. They will be completely out of 2x4's because the rear doors are usually closed, and with a wall, there's nothing to see there anyways. I'm going to make the baffle and port more pretty. Basically the front side and stuff you see. Also re-doing my doors with pods.

I started pods on my car a long time ago, so I have a small bit of experience with that.

It started raining, so I figured I'd take a quick pic of my progress and update my build logs. One side is almost done //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The white caulk in the background was there from my last build. I'm salvaging the floor and back panels. I'll scrape it off before I resin the corner and side wall

IMG_20151111_130543_957_zpskudzqjck.jpg

Those are 2x4's turned sideways. The side is 3" of solid wood. Glued and screwed, plus will be covered with resin inside and out. Very sturdy to say the least

Have you posted a pic of the box modeled out? Or are you just kinda free-ballin? This'll be a ****** little pickup!
No, I haven't. I've got it down on paper though.

I've used sketchup before, but don't feel like wasting my time modeling it when I could be building it instead. Can't tell what the stars are supposed to say

No, I haven't. I've got it down on paper though.
I've used sketchup before, but don't feel like wasting my time modeling it when I could be building it instead. Can't tell what the stars are supposed to say
Sh1tty

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.