Alex's Silverado

No u don't understand. He's not saying charging 1v higher will do anything. He knows his alt should put out 370a at 12v or 14v.... His main point is he paid fricken $750 for 1 alternator!!! And it doesn't even charge 14.4v where it should... Singer put a regulator that does 13.9-13.7 hot which is dumb. I don't care if I won't hear a difference if I'm paying for a brand new alt I want it to charge 14.4v-15v... I know exactly how adulbirch feels because I had singer alts that did the same thing and singer told me my battery's were drained or bad connections or some how it was my fault.. Not the case I put my stock alts back in and charging 14.4v... So I sold my singer alts and bought excessive amperage and couldn't be happier.. Charge 14.4v or higher in 100' summer weather. It the type of regulator singer used in his alt simple as that end of story. Sigh 

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

U gunna buy him dinner before you ride his dlck that hard?

good come back bro. i am just agreeing with what he says. you seem to see it as nuthugging but its just agreeing with what is being said. thats the difference between children and adults. adults see things how they actually are and children see things how they want them to be.

No u don't understand. He's not saying charging 1v higher will do anything. He knows his alt should put out 370a at 12v or 14v.... His main point is he paid fricken $750 for 1 alternator!!! And it doesn't even charge 14.4v where it should... Singer put a regulator that does 13.9-13.7 hot which is dumb. I don't care if I won't hear a difference if I'm paying for a brand new alt I want it to charge 14.4v-15v... I know exactly how adulbirch feels because I had singer alts that did the same thing and singer told me my battery's were drained or bad connections or some how it was my fault.. Not the case I put my stock alts back in and charging 14.4v... So I sold my singer alts and bought excessive amperage and couldn't be happier.. Charge 14.4v or higher in 100' summer weather. It the type of regulator singer used in his alt simple as that end of story. Sigh 

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

U gunna buy him dinner before you ride his dlck that hard?
Do you think singer makes or programs these regulators?

Excessive & dc & ohio gen all swap regulators with diesel regulators.

What singer does is keep your alternator at a safe charging zone for your vehicle so the alternator lasts longer.

Go buy a 06 honda singer alt and put it in a 06 honda without modifications to the honda.

Bet youll be crying about voltage never passing 13.6v or even a scion..

Its not the alt, its the vehicle and a normal regulator usually charges at default rates when no ammeter is detected.

This is why all 06+ silverado owners go ext regulator.

Alex isnt the first with this issue.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

What singer does is keep your alternator at a safe charging zone for your vehicle so the alternator lasts longer.

Go buy a 06 honda singer alt and put it in a 06 honda without modifications to the honda.

Its not the alt, its the vehicle and a normal regulator usually charges at default rates when no ammeter is detected.

that actually cleared up my confusion

basically, lol@06+ silverados for having an annoying alternator regulation system

Umm no it won't make the alt last longer... Ohio genorator and excessive has alts changing up at 18volts lasting 15years plus. I talked to the guys at world finals. I know charging at a lower voltage isn't going to make the alt last longer.. And also Alex's singer alt isn't ran through his trucks voltage control, he has dual alts with the separate wiring harness.. The truck isn't making the alt charge in the 13v, it's the regulator in the singer alt.... It's like I'm a broken record over here...

it will make your alternator last longer, diodes will have to work harder. it's also that way so the alternator isnt constantly loaded when it isnt necessary.

Umm no it won't make the alt last longer... Ohio genorator and excessive has alts changing up at 18volts lasting 15years plus. I talked to the guys at world finals. I know charging at a lower voltage isn't going to make the alt last longer.. And also Alex's singer alt isn't ran through his trucks voltage control, he has dual alts with the separate wiring harness.. The truck isn't making the alt charge in the 13v, it's the regulator in the singer alt.... It's like I'm a broken record over here...
It doesnt matter what you charge at as the regulators included or sold oem are at 12-14v.

If you are using 12v batteries then your alt is going to work harder at 12v.

If your using 16v batteries then your alt will work harder at 16v.

Notice 12v charge at 14v and 16v charge at 18v...

If your constantly charging a 12v battery at 14.8 when temp is 100 degrees or 20 degrees not only are your killing your battery, but your causing the alt to overcharge the battery and in turn you will burn out the alt.

Your busy listening to guys who know how to correctly charge there batteries.

You on the other hand mister "im louder because i do 155db" dont even understand how vehicle charging systems work.

Also i understand how alex has his setup hence why i stated a regulator will charge at a default rate which can be 13.8v if its a stock oem regulator.

Clearly you are trying to step up on something you dont know about.

But please continue mentioning all these world finals guys.

These guys dont just throw **** in and expect it all to work and claim ****.

Why do you think singer goes to finals all the time? Most of them guys use singer alts.

It doesnt matter what you charge at as the regulators included or sold oem are at 12-14v.
If you are using 12v batteries then your alt is going to work harder at 12v.

If your using 16v batteries then your alt will work harder at 16v.

Notice 12v charge at 14v and 16v charge at 18v...

If your constantly charging a 12v battery at 14.8 when temp is 100 degrees or 20 degrees not only are your killing your battery, but your causing the alt to overcharge the battery and in turn you will burn out the alt.

Your busy listening to guys who know how to correctly charge there batteries.

You on the other hand mister "im louder because i do 155db" dont even understand how vehicle charging systems work.

Also i understand how alex has his setup hence why i stated a regulator will charge at a default rate which can be 13.8v if its a stock oem regulator.

Clearly you are trying to step up on something you dont know about.

But please continue mentioning all these world finals guys.

These guys dont just throw **** in and expect it all to work and claim ****.

Why do you think singer goes to finals all the time? Most of them guys use singer alts.

A lot of my buddies run singer alts and they have 3.8 gm motor and there alts charge 14.4v+ because they have a different regulator in them... Singer 350a+ alts internally regulator were the only ones he sells that I've seen have this lower charging. All his other alts charge good so it's deff the type of regulator he's using in his 350a+ alts for gm 5.3 motors. This is all I'm saying... It's not Alex's battery's or connections it's the regulator in the alt.

OK, then send it back to Singer to "fix" it. I'm not convinced that half a volt is really a major crisis.

how are his alts wired, are the harnesses in parallel? nvm he said he has two seperate systems, so.. what is the wiring harness like

how are his alts wired, are the harnesses in parallel? nvm he said he has two seperate systems, so.. what is the wiring harness like

It's a wiring harness that taps into the IGN fuse And then a wire the connects to power stud on alt and goes to a harness that plugs into the alt

All this **** talking and no one stops to think that that DC power harness could not be compatible with singers alt. If his stock alt is charging around that the sense wire on the ignition will see that voltage telling the regulator hey you need to charge at this. But I'm not savy with the electrical **** so I may be wrong.

All this **** talking and no one stops to think that that DC power harness could not be compatible with singers alt. If his stock alt is charging around that the sense wire on the ignition will see that voltage telling the regulator hey you need to charge at this. But I'm not savy with the electrical **** so I may be wrong.
Being a alt harness that would be unrealistic.

Unless they use custom soldered regulators.

Not the harness itsself but could it be wired incorrectly ?
Could be a possibility.

If the regulator was receiving 10 amps then it would consider the battery fully charged and just trickle charge it as you drive.

Alternators output without a regulator is much higher usually 40-50v. In some cases The regulator is wired inline with a sensor. The CPU is montering voltage.

One example of this system is when you crank your car you will see your voltage around 14.2 then after mybe 30 seconds you will see it drop to 13.8 or so.. It's a pwm controlled regulator which is built to prevent overcharging.

Now in your case Alex. I have no clue. Is it two wire or 3 wire? Did you contact stinger and ask if you can manually adjust the regulator( most two wire types ate mechanically adjustabke?). Chances are its the CPU limiting charging voltage as protection.. Ony way to fix it is a adjust the CPU parameters via programming or b bypass the autosesing circuit all together.. Which if don't wrong might be dangerious.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.