A New big boy amp coming to the market????

dont wanna burst any bubbles about those amps peeps but they are chinese built not too bad but for the size and money i know you can get ALOT better as we do here in oz we use 5000rms and 7000rms aswell as a 9000rms all built for us buy Offcourse Zenon and they are still beating most things for outright power and useability here in oz

zenon built amps i mean

There were amps in the 90s that used the same principle. The principle is that the voltage rails that the output devices modulate to create the output signal varies with the signal instead of being fixed. The difference between the fixed rail voltage and the output signal voltage is where you get your output stage losses in a Class A or A/B design. By varying the rail voltage so it is only fractionally higher than the output voltage, the losses are minimized.
Just curious, what amps in the 90s used this principle in their designs? I don't recall seeing any, but I really wasn't into audio much in the later 90's only the early 90's.

sorry for the below duplicate post

Im interested in this, id like to see some of the SD amps used in a more daily fashion since i have seen they are claimed to beable to do so.

plus..if i could pick them up local //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

dB-r is supposed to be doing the warranty service on these when they become availible in the US, however, though I have spoken with Soundigital I have not requested an amp to test, have only agreed to do the repair work once they start selling in the US so I cannot add anything here about the design or the parts, or the PCB's used.
I can add however, that not everyone needs a mains power supply AC to DC to test large amplifiers, some batteries may be required, but lots of high output alternators and a built gasoline engine help generate the voltage and current necessary see image below:

Engine_3.jpg
at first i thought this was the amp, i was gonna say WTF?

lol

dont wanna burst any bubbles about those amps peeps but they are chinese built not too bad but for the size and money i know you can get ALOT better as we do here in oz we use 5000rms and 7000rms aswell as a 9000rms all built for us buy Offcourse Zenon and they are still beating most things for outright power and useability here in oz
zenon built amps i mean
my friend Zenon based amplifiers are everywhere now.

there is nothing overly special about them

every company and their mother use that build house for their amplifiers //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

there isnt really a need to even list them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

they are good amplifiers but they are not the be all and end all that you make them out to be either //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

dB-r is supposed to be doing the warranty service on these when they become availible in the US, however, though I have spoken with Soundigital I have not requested an amp to test, have only agreed to do the repair work once they start selling in the US so I cannot add anything here about the design or the parts, or the PCB's used.
I can add however, that not everyone needs a mains power supply AC to DC to test large amplifiers, some batteries may be required, but lots of high output alternators and a built gasoline engine help generate the voltage and current necessary see image below:

Engine_3.jpg

That thing... is a beast.

Can I buy one?

Engine_3.jpg
Hello! Is Chris?

Very nice alternator arrangement! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

you won't be the first to use Soundigital I've talked to Mun and was gonna get an 8k but they won't rate for crap in USACi for the lower classes so I passed.
Hello my friend, sorry, I think I did understand wrong, can you explain better for me?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.