96 Vic build

If I were you I would cut a port in your rear deck it will definitely help the air travel into the cabin. Your trunk maybe made of a different kind of metal. Mine is a 94 same as 92 and 93. 95-97's are a little different than mine and 98+ is the newer body style. Yeah I went to a smaller temp setup. Looking at running 2 10's ported on 1500 watts under my rear deck. Just looking to sound good and have a little more outputI've been loud enough for my liking. That stuff was too heavy and I had not trunk space' date=' so I could not take this car out of town with my family. I guess im getting old. lol.[/quote']
All the years are pretty identical from 92-2011. Almost everything is interchangeable. Why change a good thing right? My interior is almost the same as yours but a diff steering wheel I think thats it.

Yeah, i took my rear deck off and it WANGS. I feel like I got double the output but I had to put it back in (people would jack my ****)

Also thinking about putting 2 10s or 2 8's in my rear. Do 10's fit well?

All the years are pretty identical from 92-2011. Almost everything is interchangeable. Why change a good thing right? My interior is almost the same as yours but a diff steering wheel I think thats it.
Yeah, i took my rear deck off and it WANGS. I feel like I got double the output but I had to put it back in (people would jack my ****)

Also thinking about putting 2 10s or 2 8's in my rear. Do 10's fit well?
2 10's 3 8's 1 12 ported. They all will fit. That space is 2.55 cubes gross, a little over 2 cubes net. 2 10's will provied the most cone area in this space thats why I'm going to do the 10's. Just have to be mindful of the depth of the sub/subs you chose. Under 6'' would be ideal. Over 6''will be tough.

2 10's 3 8's 1 12 ported. They all will fit. That space is 2.55 cubes gross' date=' a little over 2 cubes net. 2 10's will provied the most cone area in this space thats why I'm going to do the 10's. Just have to be mindful of the depth of the sub/subs you chose. Under 6'' would be ideal. Over 6''will be tough.[/quote']
How do you enclose it? with those metal bars in the way.. you cut em off? Thats the only thing I havent been able to get past

You have to build under it. This is why the depth of the sub is so important.
The new 10" alpine type R's are exactly 6"

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_24186_Alpine-SWR-1043D.html]Alpine SWR-1043D 10" Type-R Car Subwoofer/Sub (SWR1043D

I had the old ones a couple years ago and in my trunk they sounded really good (not too loud tho) . I think in the rear deck they would be really nice.

Do you have any enclosure designs

Shoot cuz talk on lol, I love car audio, and we talking bout Vic and Mercs. But yeah for that application in the rear deck two Kicker solo classic 12's would get it done.

And with the sealed box volume only being .88 cubes you might can squeeze 3. And really no real trunk space taken

up just that back shelf for the enclosure. Just mount amps on the back side of the box and still have the whole bottom

trunk pit for storage.

Shoot cuz talk on lol, I love car audio, and we talking bout Vic and Mercs. But yeah for that application in the rear deck two Kicker solo classic 12's would get it done.And with the sealed box volume only being .88 cubes you might can squeeze 3. And really no real trunk space taken

up just that back shelf for the enclosure. Just mount amps on the back side of the box and still have the whole bottom

trunk pit for storage.
Sounds legit.. My only problem was how to put the enclosure in there.. With the metal crossbars, you can't really get it in there, and the rear deck is metal so you can't fit it in there from the inside of the cabin

Sounds legit.. My only problem was how to put the enclosure in there.. With the metal crossbars, you can't really get it in there, and the rear deck is metal so you can't fit it in there from the inside of the cabin
This is some pic similars to what you have to do as far as modifications just on that rear deck. Exclude all the other mods the 4th order. This could mean alot of work and

time and probably doing some mods you might be agianst.....

Blowthru, backseat full of speakers - East Coast Ryders/King of the Street Garage

I have a lot of respect for the time and effort you put in to that ride.
We dont get to see a lot of in depth cosmetic builds like this around here.
Now see I can appreciate comments like this. Even if you didnt like the overall execution of my project, you can appreciate the workmanship of it

thanks tho man:cool:

This is some pic similars to what you have to do as far as modifications just on that rear deck. Exclude all the other mods the 4th order. This could mean alot of work andtime and probably doing some mods you might be agianst.....

Blowthru, backseat full of speakers - East Coast Ryders/King of the Street Garage
Well thats not as extreme as I was thinking of going. I was just thinking building an enclosure under the stock rear deck, and mounting 2 10's in the factory speaker location (cutting out a 10" circle out of the metal of course).

So it look completely stock but instead of speakers there were 2 10s

Well thats not as extreme as I was thinking of going. I was just thinking building an enclosure under the stock rear deck, and mounting 2 10's in the factory speaker location (cutting out a 10" circle out of the metal of course).
So it look completely stock but instead of speakers there were 2 10s
Really not that simple. Alot of reinforcement is going to be needed to make that happen. That thin piece of sheet metal wont last with tht kind of vibration and weight. Either you cut out the back deck and build up an enclosure or build up a fiberglass enclosure and thats going to be free air.

Dont get me wrong I understand what you're trying to do. Unless you have the gift of gab there no way you gone build a small enclosure to snuggly fit under that sheet

metal. All the installs I ever saw you had to cut the deck out, build it up, and reinforce it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.